The Letter

To Her,

As I find myself composing these words, the weight of my heartache bears down upon me like an endless tempest. It's with a heavy heart that I attempt to articulate the feelings that have consumed me since the moment our paths diverged.

The days since you left have been an abyss of unrelenting sorrow. My thoughts often wander back to the moments we shared, like fragments of a shattered mirror that once reflected happiness. Those memories, however, now pierce me like shards, each cut a testament to the absence of your presence.

You were, and remain, the unielumen of my universe. A star whose light illuminated even the darkest corners of my soul. Yet, like a cruel twist of fate, that brilliance now seems distant and unattainable.

In your absence, the world around me seems colourless and void of purpose. Every place I go, every song I hear, every cherished thing I gaze upon, all are shadowed by the void you left behind. The laughter that once came so easily has now become a hollow echo, a mere reminder of the joy that once was.

I confess, I am too old school to move on, my attempts to move forward feel like a futile endeavor. For how can one walk forward when their heart remains anchored to the past? The promise of tomorrow holds little allure without you by my side.

I know not whether time will heal these wounds or if I will forever remain in this melancholic state. The only certainty that I have is that my heart still yearns for you, and that love, though painful, continues to persist.

In the depths of my heartbreak, I wish you nothing but happiness, even if that happiness lies outside of the contours of my life. If this letter finds you well, know that you are often in my thoughts, and the love that once flourished within me is a flame that, despite the circumstances, refuses to be extinguished.

Yours Forever (whether near or far),
- UnieLumen