A Bracelet

September 29th 1959 7:30am

I let out a small sigh as walked down the path I take to school I felt the warm breeze in my black hair, I didn't want to go to school but Carlos had begged me to show up. He doesn't understand what I have to go through everyday, but I don't expect him too anyway, he's been my best friend since elementary and he helped me when I got bullied. The only problem now is that we're older and Carlos is finding a lot of people who have the same interests as him, he's not a bad friend and I'm proud of him for finding people he likes its just we don't get to see each other as much anymore.

7:38am

I finally make it to the school grounds and that's when I take a deep breath and try hiding my face. I try hiding within huge groups of people till I make it into the school, and just as I thought I was safe standing right by my locker was Sam and Akita. Those two are pretty popular they look great and they're nice to everyone... well accept me, that's kinda why Carlos doesn't really believe me when I say they bully me, he says he does and that he'll talk to them but Sam always lies to Carlos then Carlos says "maybe you misunderstood what they said, I don't think their the type to do something like that." then Carlos will always smile at me and everything would be fine. And just as I was deep in thought Akita shoves me agents the locker, she was short but she was really strong that's why I call her a tiny devil. "Aww that's sad... you haven't killed yourself yet?" Akita says while grinning and the sound of Sam's laughing was all I could hear in my right ear. Sam gets closer and grabs my hair pulling it tight as tears start forming in my eyes. "Hey, Akita we should do the emo a favor and cut his hair some day, huh" Sam says as he grips my hair tighter Akita nods in agreement as she laughs at my pain, Sam holds his grip for a few more seconds before finally letting go "C'mon Sam we should get going to our class" Akita says letting go of me and they both walk away giggling.

12:25pm

It was soon lunch time and I already wanted the day to be over. I pack up my note books and pencils and put them away and leave the classroom, I rush down the hallway and make my way over to Carlos's locker, there he was putting his stuff away. "Hey! Carlos" I say trying to get his attention he looks at me and smiles and I push through the crowd of kids to get to him. "Hey Oliver, how's your day going so far?" I really didn't want to tell him that I was crying earlier so I told him "good, my days going good" I smiled and he continued on about how a lot of his classes sucked, "Me and Kaori are lab partners now I told the teacher about onion head" Carlos says almost laughing, 'Onion head' is a nickname for someone me and Carlos don't like. "Oh right that reminds me!" Carlos says as he reaches in his locker and pulls out a black box with an orange bow

"I know you're birthday is in a few days but I wanted to give you an early gift" Carlos says as he handed me the box

"I know you're birthday is in a few days but I wanted to give you an early gift" Carlos says as he handed me the box. I smiled almost crying that he got me a gift I happily open up the gift and see two matching friendship bracelets "Thank you so much, Carlos!" I say and give him a hug "I got us friendship bracelets so everyone knows we're best friends!" he says as I hand him a bracelet and I put mine on. "okay we should get going to lunch I think Kaori is waiting for us" I say and we link arms and head over to the cafeteria.