"I can bring back your happiness"

Zombies - The Cranberries

Asena's POV

I was currently standing in the greenhouse inside the cemetery- watching my mother who was currently sitting at a bench.
Salt and blood was on the table in front of her.
She was conducting a spell.

She couldn't see me, but she could sense me. Everytime I would move I could see her shoulder tense- it gave me great satisfaction.

In this form I couldn't do anything to her or else her head would be on a spike.

This woman- this monster is the reason I lost my children- she's the reason why we lost.

My real body is still inside the compound in the coffin while my replacement is currently lying on my bed- an IV stuck in the arm.

I can feel the body becoming weaker which means I don't have a lot of time. I have to get back into my real body. I need to kill my mother.

"I know you're standing behind me Asena- probably glaring at me" she mutters as she spins around. She looks towards the door, probably thinking that I'm standing there. Now I'm just leaning against a shelf. "You're also wondering how can kill me" I narrow my eyes at her. I don't like how she can predict my moves.

"You're just as homicidal as when you were as a young vampire" she says.

"Yes well. You kill my children I kill you. Make it even"

I know she can't hear me. I've been yelling at her for two hours but she doesn't hear me.

"I can't place you back in your old body" she says suddenly.

"I will not put your soul back in that body. I will not condemn you to-"

I can use a little bit of the energy around me which means I can move objects. Breathing through my nose I grab a small clay pot and fling it across the room.

It hits my mother on the side of her face. I smile a little as she shrieks and stumbles back. The put shatters on the cement floor and blood drips down her face.

"For now that is the most damage I can do- be grateful"

My mother simply kneels down on the floor and picks up the broken pieces of the clay pot. I only smirk as I see her frustration.

"If you're done throwing temper tantrum maybe we could have a proper conversation" she says as she drops the pieces into the trashcan. She sits down on a chair and turns towards me. The clay pot gave away my location. "Maybe I can explain why I did what I did. Why I had to protect you and your siblings. From one mother to another" that simple sentences immediately irks me. As if she is trying to sympathise with me.

I clench my jaw and take a step forward. I could feel the energy around me- it was bending to my emotions, my anger.

I can hear the windows start to crack.

"I understand your pain"

Crack

"I can help you move on"

Crack

"I can bring back your happiness"

Crack

"You can't bring back my twins. You can't bring back Weylyn and Avyanna. They are dead... because of you"

Instead of a crack the windows shatter and it rains. The shards of glass rains down on the both of us. Going through me but hitting my mother, causing her to duck and hide under the table.