"My little witch"

(Not edited)

(Not edited)

Doom Doom ~ Noir

Asena's POV

Empty and Cold. My brows pull together in confusion as I continue to stare at the compound. It was still very early, 06:30 to be exact. I hate getting up early but this morning I found myself being drawn towards the familiar building, the one I was not allowed to go near or else I'll lose Davina, the only reason I'm not tearing my mother limb from limb.

I tilt my head as I continue to stare. The windows were shut, the curtains drawn, blocking sun from entering, the gate at the entrance, locked up, as if the keep out unwanted guests but considering they killed the wolves a few nights ago I was still confused as to why the compound was still locked up.

I start to turn away, ready to start taking photos of this city for my project when I suddenly hear the sound of the gate. Acting upon instincts I retrieve my phone and look at the black screen, pretending to stare at a text.

I slightly lift my eyes to see Elijah closing the gates before turning around. My movement completely stills as I take in the sight of my brother and almost trip over the non-existent obstacle in my path. I grasp the armrest of the bench to steady myself as I stare at my eldest brother with wide eyes.

My phone long forgotten, screen cracked as it landed on the concrete sidewalk.

Elijah was a mess

His hair was neat but there were dark circles under his eyes and slight redness, as if he cries a lot and hasn't been able to get a good night's rest in months. His tie was hanging loosely around his neck, the top button of his shirt undone.

My knees buckle under me and I fall into the bench still staring at him in pure shock. This was not the Elijah I knew. This is not the brother who kept everyone in check and was the pillar we all would lean upon. This was a mere shadow of that man.

Was this because of my death?

Suddenly he lifts his head and his gaze catches mine. I freeze at the sudden action. He continues to stare at me, not removing his eyes from me. His eyes were empty and cold, nothing like the his usual warm amused ones.

Remembering my promise to my mother I immediately stand up and turn away, starting to walk down the street as quickly as possible. Seeing as it was still very early there weren't many people around so Elijah had a chance of catching me.

"Excuse me!" I hear his voice shout. His voice sounding emotionless yet there was seriousness clear in his voice.

Panic starts to grow inside of me as I continue to run away. I was a human, wearing an unfamiliar witch's face. He wouldn't recognize me and what scares me is that he would kill me without hesitation and for once, I was actually afraid of death.