Development Stage

Kim walked down the hallway, his gaze deliberately lowered to shield his red, tear-drenched eyes from prying glances. He was determined to keep his emotions hidden, at least until an unexpected collision abruptly shattered his attempts to anonymity. In an almost cinematic twist of fate, he collided with someone who seemed to mirror his own height. The resulting impact left him stumbling, his grip on the food he was carrying slipping away as it scattered across the hallway.

"Ouch!" The exclamation escaped Kim's lips, mixture of pain and surprise coloring his voice.

But the voice that followed was unmistakable. "Sorry, hindi ko sinasad- Kim?" The speaker Winston, seemed taken aback as he realized the identity of the person he had inadvertently knocked over. A flash of recognition crossed his features, and then an unexpected burst if laughter erupted from Winston.

Meanwhile, Kim's initial annoyance at the collision escalated into full-blown irritation when he registered that it was Winston who had caused his fall. His lips pursed tightly, his hands clenched into fist as he quickly pushed himself from the floor. His first instinct was to unleash a venomous glance, but his red, swollen eyes from earlier betraying his emotions, he found himself unable to muster the intended intensity.

"Wait, umiiyak ka ba?" Winston's voice carried an unexpected note of concern as he observed Kim pushing himself from the floor. His eyes seemed to zero in on Kim's slightly swollen eyes, betraying the traces of tears that had welled up moments before. Almost instinctively, he reached out, his fingers tentatively moving as if it touch Kim's face, an impulse to confirm what his eyes were telling him.

Kim recoiled almost involuntarily, the instinct to preserve his personal space overriding any other considerations "Don't touch me," he retorted, his voice carrying a mixture of annoyance and vulnerability. His guard was up, a defense mechanism to protect himself from further exposure.

Winston's eyes furrowed, his concern deepening as he persisted, "Are you really crying?"

With a sigh that held a hint of exasperation, Kim replied, "I have to time to have an exchange banter with you today Winston, just get out of my site"

He swiftly gathered his scattered belongings, his movements efficient despite the lingering traces of frustration in the air. As he began to walk away from prying eyes, even if those eyes belonged to Winston.

Winston watched Kim's retreating figure, a range of emotions crossing his features – from concern to confusion. He hadn't anticipated this encounter taking such turn, and a nagging thought crept into his mind. Beneath their banters and rivalry, their seemed to be a more complex layer to Kim, one that was unguarded and raw.

"You're 10 minutes late," Reyster declared with a mischievous grin, his eyes flicking towards his clock to corroborate his statement.

Kim blinked, momentarily taken aback by Reyster's assertion.

"Late? Late for what?"

"Supossedly, meeting up with Jom plus you crying on your way here should've only taken you less than 30 minutes, just as usual" Reyster elaborate, his tone with playful teasing.

Kim's expression shifted from confusion to realization, his cheeks flushing slightly at the sudden mention of his earlier emotional moment.

"Ahh! Inorasan mo pa" he muttered under his breath, half-amused and half-embarrassed.

Vinci leaned in, his curiosity piqued, "So what caused the delay?"

Kim exhaled, the memory of the encounter with Winston resurfacing. "It's just Winston" he began to explain, his voice carrying a tinge of exasperation. "He decided to butt in on my way here and we had a little debate."

Reyster's eyes lit up with mischief, and Vinci's lips cured with a knowing smile. "Oh, it's Winston" Reyster echoed, as if the name held a world of implications.

Vinci and Reyster exchanged a glance, their unspoken communication evident. They were gearing up for some friendly teasing, fully aware of the dynamics between Kim and Winston that had been a consistent source of amusement for the trio.

"Looks like Winston's making sure he's part of every chapter of your life, huh?" Vinci remarked with a chuckle.

"Maybe you're the protagonist of his story" Reyster added, his tone dripping with humor.

Kim rolled his eyes "More like the antagonist," he quipped.

[The next day]

Kim had meticulously set up his temporary command center within the library's hushed corridors. Books, each carefully chosen for their relevance, stood like sentinels around him. His laptop's keyboard was a constant symphony of clicks as he typed away, wholly engrossed in their partner project. The library had always been Kim's sanctuary, the one place where he could escape the distractions of the world and immerse himself in his work.

Or so he had thought.

Out of the blue, a sudden and forceful push from behind sent Kim's chair hurtling forward. Shocked and unprepared, he let out an involuntary shout that seemed to resonate through the entire library. As the surprised gazes of his fellow students converged on him, he could feel the heat of embarrassment rush to his cheeks.

Still bewildered by the unexpected jolt, Kim twisted in his seat to locate the source of his involuntary mishap. There, wearing an infuriatingly self-satisfied grin, stood none other than Winston.

Kim's voice was a mixture of irritation and humiliation as he muttered, "Seriously, Winston? Could you possibly be any more juvenile?"

Winston, seemingly impervious to the curious stares from their peers, couldn't help but chuckle. "Just trying to inject some life into your routine, Kim. It appeared you were in desperate need of a break from all that serious work."

Though Kim's countenance remained stern, Winston's mischievous demeanor chipped away at his initial annoyance. "I come to the library to focus, Winston, not to become a part of your ongoing circus."

Winston's grin broadened, his eyes dancing with mischief. "Consider it a brief intermission. We've been at this for hours, and even you can't deny that a little diversion wouldn't hurt."

Kim, however, remained steadfast, his dedication to their project unwavering. "I need to finish our project as soon as possible."

But Winston had an argument ready. "Relax, Mr. Kim. We still have a week to complete the project. Besides, we've already tackled the discussion and conclusion parts of our paper. Writing those sections will only take us a day or two."

Kim's eyebrows knitted in confusion. "Aren't we rivals? What's with this sudden change of attitude?"

Winston leaned casually against a nearby bookshelf, his tone adopting a more relaxed demeanor. "Yes, we are rivals, Kim. But we have the healthiest kind of rivalry. Taking a short break together won't lessen our competitive spirit, you know."

Sighing in reluctant exasperation, Kim recognized that Winston wasn't about to relent anytime soon. "Fine, Winston, what do you have in mind, then?"

Winston's face lit up with enthusiasm, and he gestured toward the library's exit. "I was thinking we could use a breather. Perhaps we could grab a snack from the cafeteria? I hear they serve those cinnamon rolls you love so much."

Kim pondered the offer for a moment, his initial annoyance slowly giving way to the idea of a brief escape from the library's stifling ambiance. With a nod that signaled reluctant acceptance, he replied, "Alright, Winston. But it's just a short break, and then we're getting back to work."

Winston clapped Kim on the back with exaggerated zeal. "That's the spirit, Kim! Let's go satisfy our cravings, then."