ʙᴀᴅ ᴅʀᴇᴀᴍ

WORD COUNT: 247

summary: reader has a bad dream and matt eases her back to a relaxing sleep

♤°♥,..♤°♥,.. ♤°♥,..

MATT'S EYES SPRUNG open at the sound of the sheets shuffling around, his gaze landing on your face. Your eyebrows were furrowed and your breathing seemed to quicken with each moment that passed.

Your voice was more soft and gentle than usual, calling out his name into the abyss of the bedroom. "Matt?" you mumbled meekly.

He wasn't sure if you were awake or asleep, but he answered nonetheless.

"I'm here sweet girl," he whispered just in case.

He shifted himself closer to you, carefully lifting your leg on top of his before wrapping his arm around your shoulder.

Your eyes were still clamped shut, your hand gripping onto his shirt as you twitched.

"It's okay," he said as he started rubbing up and down your back.

He began to mutter sweet nothings into your ear, hoping that his voice would reach you in your dreams.

"You're safe."

"I've got you."

He pet the back of your head as he watched for your reactions to see if you had calmed down. Once he noticed that you were more relaxed, your hand not grabbing onto him as much as before, he closed his eyes once more.

What he didn't know was that you were half awake, his words calming you back into your deep slumber. Your dreams morphed into a happy one, one where you were with Matt - you didn't remember the contents but you remembered that you fell asleep with a smile on your face.

After that night, you knew you would always be safe in his arms.