The wake up (Sophie POV)

Sophie was called by elwin the moment he woke up, apparently he set up a camera so he wouldn't need to go back and forth, so she leaped right over.  She stepped in, and after a split second, she saw a stupid yet very cute-chaotic I mean- boy, with blond hair, and the ice blue eyes she thought were quite pretty, but not like Fitz's eyes, she likes Fitz. Right? yes of course she likes Fitz. "Keefe, what had you been thinking? You do not go to sneak up on the Neverseen without consulting us!" she said, snapping herself out of her thoughts before they got weirder.

"It was worth it, I saw them talking to a human!"

"It was in the forbidden cities... Forkle has cameras." She internally sighed, knowing what his next sentence would be.

"My mom knew where at least one area without cameras was, and she used it to kill two people!" There it was, though still, it made her feel understanding.

"That's," She hesitated, knowing that he meant well, "Well, you still-"

"...Okay, I won't go into the forbidden cities following a small lead, sorry Foster." He interrupted

"I guess that's good enough for now, but are you alright?" She asked, because she had seen him after they brought him here, deathly pale, eyes closed and shoulder with a huge, throbbing gash, Elwin said he must've been losing blood for at least half an hour.

"I'm fine Foster, don't worry about it." he shrugged, then winced, and tensed up a little, she raised an eyebrow at him to show she saw it, but without saying anything.

"But you're bleeding, when you were found you had passed out from blood loss! Are you sure you're alright?" She was terrified there was something that hadn't been noticed by Elwin that he was hiding.

"Yes, it's just a scratch." She wanted to fish the truth out of him with telepathy, but she cared about keefe too much to invade his mind like that.

"Keefe, are you saying this so I don't worry about what made them catch you?"

"I'm fine, and no, Foster, really," Keefe replied "They caught me because I hit one of their legs with a throwing star." Sophie took in a deep breath and closed her eyes for a second before she responded "Well, that's not the stupidest way to get caught, so I'll let you off the hook for that, but are you sure you're fine" At least that explained why there was a crime scene a bit away, where it looked like somebody had been killed, maybe they tried to go with but collapsed from blood loss, and it looked like they had already been injured, and had died by the time the police got there.

"Calm down Foster, its nothing Elwin can't fix."

"Right you are!" Elwin exclaimed, striding into the room with a couple elixirs, then once he set them down he turned right around and grabbed some more, then a few more, and a couple more. Sophie was astonished, until he gave a look that said "I'm just making him pay"

"Sooo... which of those do I need to take?" Keefe said casually.

"All of them," Elwin replied smoothly, "That dagger was covered with something I never thought I'd actually need to deal with, Lazni otrov." 

Sophie had to repress a giggle, that was croatian for 'false poison', she'd need to ask him why he knew croatian later, but right now she couldn't let Keefe know he didn't need all of that.

"Oooooookayyy," he said, then continuing after he had them all, "That was gross."

"As would be expected, the medicine for Lazni otrov is gross, the ingredi-" Elwin started.

"NOPE," he yelled, "NOT GOING THERE"

"...Good choice." He said slowly, and Sophie knew that was the truth, she was not even gonna think about what it would be like to kiss Keefe right now, wait, what did she just think, no that was just because it seemed gross, not the kissing Keefe that wasn't gross, wait no, wait what's happening??

"Bye Keefe, I said I'd get home in time for dinner." She said, trying to get out of the situation, but they did say to get there by dinner, because Grady didn't want her near That Boy too long, even while he's in the healing center.

"Bye Foster, tell Gigantor 'Hi' for me!" He yelled back, she felt the edges of her lips smile, once she left she had a small smile on her face.

***

When she got home she said to Sandor, "Hey Sandor, Keefe says 'hi'"

He grumbled about annoying kids, she gasped and acted offended, then he realised she understood what he said, he could speak any language and she'd understand. Then Sophie thought, when did I become so much like Keefe, well, I guess we're just really good friends, yeah, really good friends, and she went to bed, calling Silveny for sleep help.

I feel so good about this! I've actually started this!! 

also this is 750~ words! Yay!