Anxiety (Sokeefe)

Requested by KittyCoder6

"Okay, so the Neverseen has gotten two of us injured, one of which is not yet awake, and he better wake up soon we aren't gonna have any weapons or support and to be honest we're like, really weak without him."

Everyone nodded, especially Biana who had been really affectionate towards him recently, but she also had been with others so Sophie wouldn't look into that too much.

"And Tam's arm is still in a sling, but Elwin says he should be out of the healing center by tomorrow. We also have to make sure to protect Hushwood because it has to be important, and it's just a good idea, but we also don't know exactly where it is, we should probably figure that out."

"Foster, uh, you know we could like, I dunno, write these down and think through them, you seem a bit ... really stressed."

"Yeah, come on Soph, calm down I can talk to my dad about it, I've been listening to you worry for the last ten minutes, you've mentioned protecting Hushwood three times." Biana said, softly as not to make Sophie feel bad, "It'll be fine, I'm gonna go and tell my dad about the ideas, so they can start making precautions around Hushwood, and Mr. Forkle can probably figure out where Hushwood is. Okay?"

"Fine. I'm just worried. I'll be fine." Sophie said, but her voice didn't entirely support that, they knew she got anxious, and normally thought it was gonna be okay, but this time Keefe whispered something to Biana who nodded, and then leaped home.

"What."

"Huh?"

"Why are you still here, don't you have something to do besides hang out in my room?"

Keefe walked over the flower petal carpet, leaving footprints, and sat down on the bed next to Sophie, "I do, but this is more important, you seem really worried, more than normal."

"Yeah, well, I'm not, I'm fine."

"You can't lie to an empath."

"I'm fine, seriously." Sophie insisted, since the last thing she wanted was to be a burden when Dex was still in the healing center unconscious, she should be trying to help, not worrying.

"Do you want to tell me what's wrong?" Keefe asked, people always thought that Keefe turned everything into a joke, but he could still be serious, especially when he realised he should be. For some reason, that always made Sophie feel more comfortable with him, rather than her other friends, it was a lot harder to tell the difference between when they were joking, and when they were serious.

"I just feel like I'm supposed to be doing something more but I'm not and I'm wasting people's time and just generally being a burden because I can't keep track of things while I'm worried and I shouldn't be worried in the first place because others have been hurt so I should be trying to help them but I can't because I'm too stressed out for it and just feel exhausted." She blurted out before she could stop herself, and leaned onto Keefe.

"It's okay, you aren't being a burden, and it's completely fine, everyone gets worried and nobody is upset with you," He said as he hugged Sophie, kissing her head, "It's fine, you aren't doing anything wrong."

Sophie took a deep breath, feeling a sense of relief wash over her as Keefe's comforting words reassured her racing mind. Keefe's embrace was like a warm blanket on a cold day, offering support without judgment, which she had never really had when she was with humans, they tried, but never truly understood, and they judged what they did not understand. She stayed there for a while, just staying in his warm embrace, listening to his heartbeat. After a few minutes, she pulled away, and said, "Thanks, Keefe."

"No problem, I get it, I'm always there for you Soph, okay?"

"Mhm."

Keefe suddenly tackled her onto the bed, causing an outburst of giggles from Sophie, and they ended up lying on the bed, and Keefe kissed her, both feeling the same sparks as always , until she pushed him off, scolding "Keefe! What was that for, stop tackling me when I'm upset!"

"Never!!!"

Sophie rolled over away from him, but Keefe just rolled following her, "You can't roll away from me!"

"Yes I can, and I will."

"You'll never escape-" Keefe got cut off by Sophie kissing him, and after a moment pulling away, and running off, "HEY! NO DISTRACTIONS!! UNFAIR!"

If you like this kind of thing, then request a ship or scenario here

~Ari