Just out of reach (SoRuy)

This is a SoRuy oneshot that has been requested, if you would like a similar one for a different ship, please request on this line!

If you would like a SoRuy oneshot in a different way request on this line

If you want a whole different thing, request here!

------------------------------------------------

Sophie's thoughts

Since that day when I first learned of him, I have felt something different in this fight, not a hesitance, more of a cry, a cry for a chance to stop it, for even a second, so I could have one second with him, with us and nothing stopping us.

Ruy's thoughts

I joined the fight thinking it would be easy, not how I would need to sacrifice so much of what we considered normal and my chance of a peaceful life, I knew that, but I didn't expect and issue with who we were fighting. I saw her and my thoughts changed on this whole war.

Sophie's heart was pounding in her chest as she thought of Ruy. They were on opposite sides of the battle, but she couldn't help but feel drawn to him. The way he moved, the way he fought - it all added to his charm. She knew that their relationship was complicated, but deep down, she felt that they were meant to be together. She longed for a moment of peace where they could be together without the threat of the war looming over them.

Meanwhile, Ruy's thoughts were consumed by the girl he had seen on the other side of the battle. He had always been dedicated to his cause, but something about Sophie made him question everything. He couldn't just switch sides, but he felt an inexplicable pull towards her. As the battle raged on, Ruy found himself fighting not only for his cause, but for the chance to be with the girl who had captured his heart.

Sophie and Ruy were from two different worlds, fighting for opposing sides in a war that seemed like it would never end. Despite the danger and the obstacles, they couldn't resist the pull towards each other. Their stolen glances were all they had to hold onto in the chaos of battle. They dreamed of a future where they could be together without fear. The mere thought of it made their hearts beat a little faster.

As the war continued, they struggled to reconcile their feelings with themselves and their duties. The lines between right and wrong began to blur as they fought for their causes. But even amid the chaos, they never forgot about each other. Their love gave them hope in a world that seemed to have none. It was the one thing that kept them going, even when the odds were stacked against them.

Sophie and Ruy knew that their love was forbidden, but they couldn't ignore the connection they felt. They daydreamed about a different life, one where they could be together without any consequences. But they also knew that they couldn't abandon their duties and their team. It was a constant internal struggle that they both battled with every day.

As the war dragged on, they both became exhausted from the fighting and the constant danger. They longed for a moment of peace, a chance to escape the war and be together. And then one day, the opportunity presented itself. In the chaos of battle, they found themselves face to face. Without thinking, they reached out to take each other's hands, and run away from the fight. But they knew they could never be together until the war was over. They savored the moment of contact between their fingertips, feeling as if something had happened to that skin, that would never be undone, but they could not stay their forever, as much as they wanted to. So they left each other's presence slowly, their hearts heavy, and continued to fight, knowing it would be years until they could see each other beyond stolen glances.

I know its short but I think its alright, I barely managed to write this bc im tired, only 600 words ish