Chapter 8

Patreon has up until Chapter 11 as of now but they are hopefully getting ahead a bit more.

***

"Y/n, you want to be a hero too right?" Oboro tilted his head to the side, his usual grin plastered on your face.

He was wearing his school uniform still, the dirt from his earlier training classes still staining the skin on his face.

"If you do..." he continued and he lifted you into his lap, squeezing you to him till he made you giggle. "We can be in the same agency. Our own one."

His smile grew even more.

"But remember, that if you become a hero, you need to protect people and make them smile. Even the ones you don't really like. But especially the ones you love."

He ruffled your hair softly.

"That's why when I become a hero, I will always protect you, okay?"

***

Your eyes snapped open at the sound of a yell.

You sat up, senses alert, but you immediately regretted it as pain shot through your head, making you hiss.

"Was about time." you heard someone grumble at your side and you noticed Bakugo sitting there, lazily hanging his legs off the side of the ambulance you were currently sitting in, leaning back on his forearms.

You only now realized that you weren't in the USJ anymore. You were outside, in the back of one of the many ambulance cars, while a mixture of students, heroes and doctors created a muffled background noise.

"What happened?" you asked but your voice came out hoarse, as if your throat wasn't used to you speaking yet.

"You passed out after using your quirk."

He was oddly quiet. He didn't yell, or curse like he used to. There was actually no anger in his features right now.

His gauntlets sat next to him on the other side of the car, so he leaned back on his bare arms as he stared out at the commotion in front of you.

"Is everyone okay?" you asked again, taking the water bottle that was sitting between the two of you and chugging most of it.

"Aizawa and Thirteen were taken away to the hospital. The others are fine."

"Are you okay?"

Bakugo turned to you at the question.

How could you ask such a thing? You saved him from a gigantic monster, then literally passed out after overusing your quirk.

Quite frankly, you looked like hell. Your hair was disheveled, your costume was torn, and a huge bruise was beginning to form on your cheek, that was also covered in small cuts that must have stung.

But you were just sitting here, eyes wide and roaming over his form to see if he had any injuries you haven't noticed before.

"Stop that." he pushed through his teeth, and you were taken aback by the suppressed annoyance.

"Stop what?"

"Stop worrying about me. I am fine. I can manage fine. I could have dealt with the situations that you keep saving me from." his voice grew more and more aggravated.

He knew that you saved him. That whatever you did, you just did it because you wanted to help, but he couldn't help but feel weak whenever you did that. He didn't need help.

Especially not when you would beat yourself over it.

"I know that you can manage." your voice was so quiet, at first he wasn't sure he heard it right.