Oh, it's the Cloud Recess!... Or is it?

"WEI WUXIAN YOU LITTLE-" Jiang Cheng scowled. Wei Wuxian ran past him grinning gleefully. He had just finished successfully stealing Jiang Cheng's purple hair ribbon which greatly enraged Jiang Cheng. A cat-and-mouse chase ensues. Jiang Cheng was about to grab back his hair ribbon when someone spoke up.

"Running is forbidden."

Wei Wuxian looks up, causing Jiang Cheng to crash into him at full force. Lan Wangji stands before them with an annoyed yet somehow stoic expression. "Get to class." Before Wei Wuxian could say anything, Lan Wangji turned and strode away. Wei Wuxian sighed and pouted, "Ugh Lan Zhan never lets me have any fun nowadays-" "As he rightfully did! Now give me back my hair ribbon." Jiang Cheng snapped, reaching for his hair ribbon. Wei Wuxian immediately held it out of his reach. "Only if I do your hair." At this point, Jiang Cheng just wanted to get his hair ribbon back and be done with Wei Wuxian. Therefore his response was, "Whatever." 

Wei Wuxian grinned as he carefully collected hair strands and secured a neat bun on the top of Jiang Cheng's head. However, this time he only tied up half of Jiang Cheng's hair, leaving half of it to dangle behind him. Jiang Cheng glared at Wei Wuxian, "Why is my hair-" Wei Wuxian lifted a finger. "Keep it for a day. That is an order." Jiang Cheng scoffed, "An order my ass. Like I'm going to-" He turned his head and found himself looking into large sparkly cat eyes. 

Ah yes. The look of pure evil.

"Pleease?" Wei Wuxian pleaded. A tear started forming at the corner of his eye, making Jiang Cheng panic. "FINE FINE just stop your stupid act now." In an instant, Wei Wuxian's face changed back to that of a mischievous troublemaker. "Heard you loud and clear!" He earned himself an eyeroll before Jiang Cheng headed into the classroom.

Wonder why Jiang Cheng's so eager to go to class. Hmm... could it be...

Wei Wuxian grinned at his thought. He would have to see for himself, as he entered the classroom as well.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - ✦

Entering class was a huge mistake. Wei Wuxian rolled his eyes as as he turned his head towards the window. He watched as light pink cherry blossoms floated down from the sky.

I wish I could become a cherry blossom. What if I became a cherry blossom and proposed to- eh Lan Zhan?!

Wei Wuxian blinked in surprise as he realized that Lan Wangji was staring at him intensely. He grinned and waved at Lan Wangji, hoping to get Lan Wangji to talk to him. Instead, Lan Wangji turn back to Lan Qiren. Wei Wuxian pouted.

Aiya why is Lan Zhan such a fuddy duddy? If only he smiled more...

He was too busy pouting over the fact that he got ignored by Lan Wangji to notice the slight shade of pink that had formed at the top of Lan Wangji's ears. Lan Xichen however, was quick to notice the change in his little brother. He smiled.

I'm glad Wangji has made a friend.

Meanwhile, Lan Qiren has finally noticed the goofing off Wei Wuxian had been up to and was very busy yelling at him when suddenly, a bright flash blinded the room. A disciple yelped before turning his away, while others followed him. When the light faded, they heard a scoff and turned back around.

On the floor lay two Lan disciples, one Jin 'disciple' and one Ouyang disciple. The first to get up was the Jin 'disciple', who got up and glared at one of the Lan disciples first before glaring at the Ouyang disciple. "The f-ck did you do this time dumbass." The Lan disciple he glared at earlier snapped, "Oh I'm sorry Young Mistress. Didn't know you don't accept mistakes in your sect." The Jin disciple hissed and raised a fist. Before he or the Lan disciple could do anything, the second disciple quickly intercepted the Jin's fist and gently pulled him back. "A-Ling now isn't the time to fight." He said with a smile. The other Lan disciple snorted and stood up. The Ouyang disciple rushed to him to check if he was hurt.

Jin Zixuan snorted in annoyance, making the Jin 'disciple' turn around. "You dare to mock him? I could have your head for that you know?" The Jin disciples behind Jin Zixuan gasped.

The audacity!

Jin Zixuan hissed in annoyance. "Do you know who you are talking to right now brat?" Jin Ling huffed. "Clearly someone lower than me since I don't know you. How dare you talk back to-" The second Lan once again quickly pulled the Jin 'disciple' back and bowed to Jin Zixuan. "I'm afraid that's the least of our problems right now. Perhaps we can discuss this later?" Jin Zixuan scoffed and turned his head. Wei Wuxian and Jiang Cheng rolled their eyes.

Stupid Peacock. 

Lan Qiren stepped foward with a face of fury at the commotion. However before he could say anything, the Lan disciple who had stopped the Jin disciple's fist suddenly noticed Lan Xichen in the corner of his eye, and his face paled instantly. He immediately turned to Lan Xichen and bowed. "Sect Leader Lan I apologies for our carelessness. Please forgive these disciples." The first Lan and the Jin looked at each other for a moment before copying the second Lan (same with Ouyang).

Everyone in the room looked shocked for a moment. 

Lan Xichen is not the Sect Leader, so what on earth were these disciples talking about?

Lan Xichen recovered quickly and cleared his throat, "No need to apologize. I'm afraid however, you're mistaken. For I am not the Sect Leader, though I am to be Sect Leader. May I know who you are? I don't think I've seen you and the other... Lan in our sect before." The first Lan scoffed. "Whaa? Zewu-Jun just this morning-" The second Lan immediately clapped his hand over the first Lan's mouth. "Ah I think I get it now." He says with a weary smile.

Lan Xichen tilted his head, waiting for their response.

Everyone else in the room looked at the new people with a new air of curiosity. 

"I think we may have.. accidently travelled to the past." The second Lan said with a small worried smile. "Anyone care for some tea? I think we'll need to re-introduce ourselves first."

To Be Continued →