A Lovely Discussion

Jiang Cheng immediately grabbed Wei Wuxian's hand, and without saying another word to Madam Yu and Jiang Fengmian, he stormed out the door.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

In the corridor, they both walked silently. Side by side. Hand in hand.

They were both quiet for the most part. It was only until they almost reached the end of the corridor, that Wei Wuxian finally spoke up. 

"Jiang Cheng." 

It had been quiet a while since Jiang Cheng had heard Wei Wuxian speak of his name in such a solemn and quiet manner. He couldn't tell if he liked this or not. "Why did you do that? Why would you go ahead and talk back to Madam Yu?" Jiang Cheng had expected questions from Wei Wuxian, but as of right now, he was finding this whole situation ridiculous. Utterly ridiculous. Extremely ridiculous.

"She is your mother, my mother, our mother." He said wearily. "And even if things didn't go as planned, your future self said he died, didn't he? At least, if I died as well in this life, maybe then we'd be even." That earned him a punch on the shoulder from Wei Wuxian, though Jiang Cheng just laughed it off. "Alright, alright. There's a different reason why I wanted to speak up this time," he continued, "I never thought that the treatment we got was fair. And your future self said that since they had gone back to this time, they wanted to try and change the past, right?" Wei Wuxian stayed silent. "So why shouldn't I stand up this time? At least, maybe this will improve the future more. I would like to see the future, a future, where mother is happy, father is happy, sister is happy, and you are happy. I think that's what every family wants, am I wrong?" He sighed. "Man all this sad talk is making me angry. Stop making me explain crap." He muttered, "come on, we got to go find the others-" he immediately went through the door, and was gone.

Leaving Wei Wuxian standing there.

Then a thought suddenly occurred to Wei Wuxian.

Ah, Jiang Cheng. I realized something just now. You wanted everyone to be happy. But you never mentioned yourself in that happy future you have envisioned  to me..

He thought about how his future self had scolded him on talking about how easy it would be to sacrifice himself for others, not thinking about how Lan Wangji would felt. Now that he thought about it, he never considered how Jiang Cheng would take all this. How would Lan Xichen take all this?

Ah, Cheng Cheng.. when did you become so... me?  

Wei Wuxian thought wearily.