Chapter One- Misfortune Rising

Jay was beginning to regret a lot of his life choices now.

Laid on his side with a stupid fake ray gun in his hand, like a BANG! gun- but with ZAP! instead- furiously frowning at the orange djinn in front of him; smirking. FSM, how he hated this guy. He scowls at him, standing up and chucking the gun aside as the floating man rotates around him.

"Adorable," the silky voiced seducer chuckles, seeing the powerless kid angrily scowl at him.

"What did you do? Change the past?" Jay's hand wring together, meeting in the middle of his chest as he averts his gaze; pretty scared.

"Hmm. I wish. I merely revealed a truth about your life that you were unaware of," Nadakhan said, hand connecting with his chin in a movement the blue ninja found very interesting; almost like the statement 'I wish' was connected to something else.

"Then I don't wanna make another wish," folding his arms, Jay turns away.

The djinn gives a sigh, smirk persisting as he continues moving around the kid. "Everyone wants a second wish. A second chance to make things right."

"No."

" Don't resist me. Tell me what you want. More power? More prestige?" Nadakhan chuckles pitifully. "Maybe a ray gun that works?" Jay thinks, probably for a lot longer than he should've. Maybe he did actually want something that Nadakhan could give him. "You know, I have been watching you and your team. They definitely do not seem to truly value your contributions,"

"Shut up! I know that's not true," Jay kinda lied to himself there. He was very insecure, about a lot of things. Including what he thought everyone else thought of him. Hell, Nya didn't even want to date him. His fault for being clingy, he guessed. Nya's words to him before let him know that even when he thinks he's being subtle with his feelings, he's not. Not nearly as good as he thinks he is. At anything. Wow, crazy how one sentence from a djinn can completely crush him.

"You don't seem so sure," Nadakhan mused, new thoughts and plans racing through his mind seeing Jay seem so defeated. "perhaps you'd rather you be somewhere else? Somewhere you're more welcomed. More accepted. More...valued."

Jay shut his eyes tightly, trying his best to drown out the words of the djinn, but finding it impossible. He's not stupid, he can figure out what he's implying. His tense shoulders slack as he lets out a defeated sigh; his eyes glaze, wetness growing at the corners of his eyes. "Fine. I wish- I wish I was somewhere I was valued!" Golden sparks erupted around Jay, an orange swirl spinning around him as only the whooshing of air and chuckling of the djinn were audible.

And he was gone.

A ring at the doorbell of Cliff Gordon's house, and a feminine voice speaking out "Jay? You here?" Her voice laced with worry, she bites her lip before opening the door and looking around. Her eyes narrow without a response from Jay, turning a corner to search more, and finding herself scared by the enormous statue of Fritz Donegan stood there. "Jay? Did you have a-- mansion this whole time that you never told anyone about?" She gives a chuckle, mostly to stifle her fear as she gives glance around the room; definitely not missing the open gateway into a formerly hidden room. "What is this place?" she asks to no-one in particular, entering the room and finding herself very surprised by the memorabilia dotted around. Old costumes on mannequins, old props-- and a very specific outfit at the very end of the room. "That's- That's Jay's old outfit!" she rushes over to it examining it closely and looking at all the pictures dotted around it. There were many, all of Jay. There was even one they took on one of their dates, one she'd gotten very used to seeing; her kissing the ginger's cheek. She takes it off, sighing dreamily as she examines it closer. Why'd she insist that she had no feelings for him? Well. She knew why. Her insistence on not being defined by anything other than her ninja ability got in the way of her desire for a relationship with the boy she loved.