4. 𝘈𝘭𝘭 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘱𝘳𝘦𝘵𝘵𝘺 𝘴𝘵𝘢𝘳𝘴 𝘴𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘦 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘺𝘰𝘶, 𝘮𝘺 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦

A/n - don't mind the fact that this chapter is fucking shit i was drunk when i wrote half of this and crying in the other half and stressing about college (junior and senior year of high school for you Americans out there 🦅)

Anyways enjoy pookies

===========================

'Alexa, play "star shopping" by lil peep.

"Are you sure Tara won't mind me staying in here tonight?" Bea asked.

"Bea, she's already said its fine and she's gonna sleep on the couch for tonight, Tara's the one who offered first y'know" Sam responded.

Bea simply nodded and smiled while she was sat slightly up on the bed, trying to have her injured shoulder in the most comfortable position possible.

"If you need anymore painkillers just text me okay? We're just in the living room if you need anything." Sam stated as she stood up from the corner of the bed to exit the room.

"Thank you Sam" Bea responded, quietly.

"Always". The older girl responded as she shut the door behind her, leaving Bea in Tara's room.

the carpenters hadn't been in NY for that long, so the apartment wasn't heavily decorated yet, although, Tara still had photos on her wall of her friends and family etc. There was one of the Woodsbro group from 2021, when they were all sophomores, and there was 2 of just her and Amber together, one from when they were around 6/7 years old, and one selfie of them both with Amber's arms wrapped around Tara, with the caption 'tamber' written in sharpie on the bottom of the photo. There was also one of her and Wes when they were smaller, loads of her, Mindy and Chad, and a few of her and Sam and one of her and Liv from only a year ago or so.

It made Bea think, how come everyone just acts like Liv, Wes and Amber never existed? Bea could understand to an extent that no-one was overly keen to talk about Amber - she was a literal killer, but Liv and Wes? Especially Chad, who was literally dating Liv. Maybe Bea was being dramatic, but she doesn't go a day without thinking about Jill and doesn't go a week without reminiscing the traumatic night in 2011 or thinking about Olivia and Kirby. Chad seemed to move on verryyyy quickly as he was now all over Tara.

Thinking about Chad and Tara finally made Bea snap out of her trance like state as the pain from her shoulder was now rushing back to her, her eyes squinting in pain.

Knock knock

"Yeah uh- come in" Bea replied loudly as she was trying to adjust her position.

"Hey" a soft voice spoke as she poked her head through the crack in the door.

" hi Tara" Bea replied, secretly happy that the girl was here.

Tara slightly looked down to the ground as she entered her room, almost as if she had something to say, she left the door open behind her because everyone else was in the living room engrossed with something on the TV anyway.

Tara came and sat on the edge of her bed as Bea sat herself up and hugged her knees to her chest, out of comfort.

"How's the shoulder?" Tara asked trying to break the awkward silence.

"I've had worse".

Tara just half smiled as her head drooped downwards, the awkwardness slowly drowning out the room.

Tara had now sobered up enough to realise she was in the wrong and had been a bitch towards Bea, so there was no way bea would apologize or say anything first.

"Look, I didn't mean what I said earlier, and to be honest, I couldn't remember much of what I said until Sam told me earlier and you know I would never consciously say those things and I don't know why I did I was just drunk a- and angry and-" Tara waffled.

"Tara stop!-"

"-I know" bea responded.

There was a strange pause in the room, both girl's thoughts spiraling.

"I'm sorry we drifted" bea said.

"Me too, i thought you were mad at me or something" Tara admitted.

Bea's head slowly dropped down towards the bed as she nervously played with the ring she had on and let out a light laugh, wondering how she would word the next part.

"That should have been the reason" bea said as she let out a light laugh.

"I know, I'm sorry for acting like a total bitch to you and Sam, i just want to be able to be my own person without dragging the wight of ghostface around, y know?" Tara said, looking to bea for understanding.

"I get that" Bea responded, making eye contact with the girl.

"What about you tho? How were you dealing with it?" Tara asked genuinely as she placed her hand on bea's upper thigh.

Bea's eyes wondered down to Tara's hand, tension building in the room.

"I just went to therapy i guess. Its harder than you think going through this while living with Sidney Prescott, i mean, i love her so so so much but i feel like i have to be as strong as her and, i try, i really do try to be strong on the outside but sometimes i bottle too many things up i guess" bea said, her eyes becoming glossy and her throat becoming dry with nervousnes.

"And i guess the main thing is, i didnt want to relapse again" as the girl said this, Tara placed her other hand on bea's thigh, both girls making eye contact as a tear formed into a delicate droplet and trickled down her rosy cheek.

"Bea i had no idea" Tara admitted.

Bea didn't say anything, she didn't really know what to say in truth.

There was a brief moment of silence before Tara pulled bea into a deep hug.

"I'm glad we're okay" bea said.

"Me too".

The two girls looked up from the hug at the same time, both their eyes locking on to each other's, unable to break the eye contact. Bea's eyes flicked between Tara's left eye, her right eye and her lips, Tara reciprocating the action, the room atmosphere becoming slow and close.

All at once, both girls' faces became closer and closer to one another's, until three knocks were heard from the door.

"Hey i have your painkillers-" Ethan said, a knowing smile pasted on his face.

As soon as the two girls realized it was Ethan at the door, their heads grew apart again and their eyes found there way too the floor.

"I'm going" Tara snapped as she swiftly got up from the ebebdd.

"Ttara wait-" bea said, but Tara was alreadyy b-lining for the dooor.

———————

A/n sorry this is so short and I'm sorry if it doesnt make any sense i was drunk when i wrote like 70% of this and i can't remember what tf i wrote LMAOO

Anyways enjoy loves