08

After my plane ride I landed at about noon I made sure that a car was ready for me

After my plane ride I landed at about noon I made sure that a car was ready for me. It was a sleek black rental Lamborgini until I had my cars and belongings sent from Miami to LA. Driving back to my house I was coming to a place that seemed all too familiar. As I was driving back home all the memories I had came flooding back. Soon enough I was back in my old neighborhood and I was reliving the good times I had. I then drove past the Villarreal's Mansion and knew I was almost home. Not even a minute later I was driving through the mansion's gates. I turned off the car and got out. As soon as my hand touched the door this feeling ran through my body. The feeling was like a reassurance that this was where I was supposed to be. I walked through the doors and took in the sight before me. Nothing had changed the art was still on the wall the grand staircase that led to all the rooms looked like it was freshly polished. Being back in the house was like a breath of fresh air I didn't know I needed. A sense of relief and relaxation washed over me. One thing I noticed was the quiet it was so quiet and peaceful. The weird thing is having this big house all to myself but I loved it so much. I loved being alone for the moment. I walked up the stairs and made my way to my old room. I opened the door and nothing had changed except the bed was made and the doors leading to my balcony were open to some fresh air in. The majority of the closest was empty except for whatever clothes shoes and bags were in my suitcases. My bathroom is cleaner than the last time I left it I thought to myself. I walked over to the bed put my phone on the charger laid down on the California king-sized mattress and drifted off to sleep.

I was asleep for I don't know how many hours before I was rudely awoken by my phone ringing. I looked to see who was calling and it was my dad. I groaned in annoyance and answered the phone.

"Hi Papa". I said trying to remove the sleep from my voice.

" Briella please tell me you did not sleep the whole day away and that you're enjoying Italy."

" Dad I've only been asleep for 3 hours". Seeing the time was now three-thirty. " and I'm not in Italy anymore." I thought it might be good to rip the bandaid off right away.

"What do you mean you're not in Italy anymore?" " Where are you?" "Wait before you answer let me get your mother." I heard my father call my mother and explain the situation to her. I heard my mother respond with " What do you mean she's not in Italy ay dios mio".

" Ok, she's here you may speak now".

"As I was saying I left Italy I just didn't want to be there anymore and before you freak out I'm safe I took the jet back to LA and I had the house prepared so that's where I'm staying".

"Darling you weren't even in Italy for 24 hours before you decided that you weren't meant to be there anymore". My mother said.

" I know Mama but it just wasn't right for me". I wanted to refrain from telling them what happened with Tyler because then they would make me come back to Miami.

"Ok so then come back home to Miami and spend the summer with us" My mother responded.

"Mama I am home this is where I need to be this is where I want to be. I just need some time away to be alone".