Diagon alley - part two

I woke up to a terrible screeching voice outside my door. I groan and sit up in my bed.

"One second!" I yelled out while struggling to find a shirt. I found one and put it on. I rushed over to the door to find the voice getting more and more irritated. I swing the door open and see a little woman- no she looked more like some goblin, standing infront of me. She had a broom and some cleaning supplies with her.

"Room service!" She almost screamed in my face looking rather annoyed. "Im sorry but nows not really a good time, come back later please?" I asked and she just walked away huffing. I watch as she knocked on the next door. I sighed and closed the door. I went into the bathroom to get ready for the day.

-

I walked down the hallway, and past the maid once again. This time she had knocked on a door to which some monster had open just growling at her sending a whoosh of air, out making her hair a complete mess. I grinned slightly to which she glared at me.

I walked to the stairs to find Harry, sitting along with a red haired boy and a girl with big brown luscious curls. I watched them for a second taking in their full appearance.

The ginger boy was wearing a red knitted sweater with the initials R.W, and some brown velour pants. The girl on the other hand had blue jeans, along with a brown shirt. She had a little fluffy cat sitting in her lap. They both looked about my age.

I only realised I was staring when Harry said something. He looked like his usual self.

"Natalie? You alright?" He looked a little concerned.

"Never better, Harry." I respond. Mabye with a little too much attitude, considering the girl had a slight frown on her face. Red head on the other hand was grinning while taking in my appearance.

"Do you want to join us? We were just having breakfast." Harry asked. I nodded and just sat down. Suddenly a bunch of pancakes along with some fruit and syrup, spawned right in front of me. I smirked, i had only known about magic for a day and yet i already loved it.

"Are you sure she's going to Hogwarts Harry, she looks like she's never seen a simple breakfast before?"  The ginger boy said while munching on his breakfast, with an open mouth. I glared at him and as he notices he swallows his food and looks down awkwardly.

"Dont be an idiot, Ron. We don't even know her." The curly girl says with a smile. "I'm Hermione, Hermione Granger. And this Arsehole, is Ron." She said pointing to the red haired boy.

I smile a little. "I'm Natalie Wilson. I assume your friends with Harry?"

"Yeah, he's our best friend." The boy names Ron says in a bragging tone. I already dislike him.

"So are you new to Hogwarts, I don't think I've seen you before."  Hermione says.

"Yeah, didn't even know magic existed until like yesterday." I said a bit embarrassed.

"Well I think you'll love it!"  She says in a cheery voice.

"Oh believe me i already do." I grinned

Suddenly Harry clears his throat. "Shall we get going? The clock is already 10." We all agree and after a few minutes we're out of the building and standing on a Diagon alley.

"So the list says I need, a wand, broom, some robes, and the books for this year. It also says I can bring a pet! Oh, I totally want an owl."  I said excitingly.

"Alright, let's go!" Hermione says and before I know it time has passed and its now noon. I've now got a wand, apparently made of Phoenix feather and oak wood, new robes and a beautiful owl. Whom I have already named Cleo. Shes brown with loads of white spots and her eyes are bright blue.

Anyhow now we're walking towards the broom store because first of all, I have to get a broom, second Harry and Ron insisted on looking at the newest broom there is. Apparently it's specifically designed to make a person ride better. I just think I'll just get a normal one. Nothing out of the ordinary.

As we enter the store, the boys are gone within a hurry. They ran as fast as they could to join the crowd around the new broom that's on display. Hermione just shook her head and we continued walking around. When I finally settled on a broom, we walked over to find the boys, though they seemed to be in an argument with two boys.

Both of the boys were both brunette, one of them had dark curly hair, he looked to be the one in an argument with Ron. The other one had lighter fluffier hair, and looked more unbothered, he was also smoking a cigarette. I don't know who either of the two boys are, I just know they look like total arseholes.

"Ron, just leave him be." Harry said.

"No Harry! He needs a proper beating he does!"  Ron says glaring at the taller unknown brunette, who just smirked and laughed.

"Who are they?" I whispered looking to Hermione confused.

"The taller one is Riddle, Mattheo Riddle and the other one is Theodore Nott. They and their friends, bullied Ginny, Ron's sister, all year last term. Even Ron too." She said death staring the two of the matter. I felt bad for Ron.

"But why on earth would they do this?" I questioned.

"I actually don't know. His whole family are pure bloods. I guess it might be because he's poor. That's at least why Malfoy bullies him."

"Pure bloods? What on earth is that?" Everything about magic was so confusing, and different..

"Pure bloods are people who are born witch, like their parents are both wizards and witches. I'm a muggle born tho, like you? People who's parents are non-magic humans."  I look at her stunned for a minute, before she continues. "I got picked on aswell. Malfoy called me a mudblood last year."

Hermione and I walked over to the boys. "Just leave them alone." Hermione sneered and then quickly dragged them out of the store while Ron was mumbling to himself "I swear if he bothers us one more time.."

I felt eyes on me and I turned around looking back into the store, making direct eye contact with Mattheo while he was being scolded by the other guy. He held eye contact and then winked at me before turning his attention back to Theo.

-

We continued the rest of our day shopping for the last things we needed. Eventually when the day was over we all parted into our separate rooms. Tomorrow was after all, the day we were going to Hogwarts.

//
I'm sorry about how long it's taking for them to get to hogwarts but i'm trying to get some length in this book for now.