15. 𝖇𝖚𝖗𝖓𝖊𝖉

𝘣𝘳𝘶𝘪𝘴𝘦𝘥; 15 — 𝘣𝘶𝘳𝘯𝘦𝘥 𝘴𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘰𝘯 𝘰𝘯𝘦, 𝘦𝘱𝘪𝘴𝘰𝘥𝘦 𝘵𝘦𝘯

𝘴𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘰𝘯 𝘰𝘯𝘦, 𝘦𝘱𝘪𝘴𝘰𝘥𝘦 𝘵𝘦𝘯

"Cassandra, hey" Oliver Queen greeted the blonde woman that was standing at his door "Is everything alright?"

Oliver Queen would admit that he was starting to consider Cassandra Winter a friend; however, it was strange for her to show up at his house, specially alone.

"I just came to check up on you" she admitted, entering the house as the blond man took a step aside inviting to come in "How are you all doing?"

    "My mother hasn't left her room ever since Walter went missing, and Thea is trying to act tough but..." he sighed, guiding them to the living room where the TV was on, both sitting on the couch.

    "I can't imagine how hard it must be to be in this position again..." the blonde lamented. Walter Steel had gone missing the night of the Christmas' party, and the police only seemed to be hitting dead end after dead end "I've talked to every contact I have, none knows anything"

"Either my step-father doesn't want to be found, or someone doesn't want him to be found" Oliver concluded, not wanting to admit the most likely truth.

"Oliver..." the woman sadly commented, Oliver shortly meeting her gaze, knowing exactly what she meant. She didn't want to sound insensitive or harsh, but the facts where there.

"I know, it's been six weeks" he looked down, closing his eyes "No contact from the kidnappers, no ransom demand, no proof of life" he started enumerating, shaking his head "We both know he's more likely dead"

Cassandra sighed, putting a hand on his knee and slightly squeezing it, in a poor attempt of comforting him; she's never been known to be good with feelings.

"I'll keep putting his face at the front page of every paper" she assured, as she had been doing ever since the man went missing, in hopes that someone knew anything about his whereabouts. Oliver gave her a nod, grateful for everything the woman was doing for his family.

"So where has he been for the past six weeks?" the voice of the woman on the news channel filled in the silence, as a drawing of the vigilante showed up on the screen.

"Looks like everyone's disappearing" Thea Queen muttered as she walked into the living room, sitting next to her brother "Hey Cassie" the youngest Queen smiled at the woman, who returned the gesture.

"Maybe that one is for the better" Oliver Queen replied, leaning back, Cassandra noticing something weird about his tone.

"I don't think so" the Winter woman found herself one more time defending the vigilante "Ever since he showed up the crime rate has dropped. Assault, muggings... even the murder rate went down. I really think this town needs him"