Chapter 106: Never Gonna Let You Go

---

"Being lonely is more painful than getting hurt."

– Monkey D. Luffy, (One Piece)

---

It was pure destruction what Jean was doing with her powers. She had stopped caring and holding back. Everything around her was starting to break into dust made of countless atoms and molecules. The dark phoenix was going for pure unadulterated annihilation now.

"Jean for the last time stop. Stop before you get hurt." Rudeus warned Jean again as he slowly began to float towards her. Hurting her was the last thing he wanted to do but she was really pushing him into a corner. His low-tier spells and abilities won't have much effect on her but his strong ones might seriously injure her.

"Who's gonna stop me? You? The boyfriend who didn't even try his best to search for me after I went missing? The boyfriend who got a new weather whore as soon as I was gone? The boyfriend who screws every other female out beside his own soulmate? No, I won't stop until I make sure that I cleanse this world of all evil, of all corrupted life." Jean shouted like a maniac as she had tears leaking from her eyes.

She looked to be in pain, suffering. Although she seemed strong from the outside, Rudeus could feel the real suffering on the inside, waiting to be rescued, pleading for someone to help her, the real her caged under the Dark phoenix's powers.

"Then I guess it leaves me no choice but to do this the hard way." Rudeus finally made up his mind as he sighed and began to advance towards her with determination.

He was gonna end this Phoenix drama today once and for all, one way or the other.

As he got close to Jean, he could feel her powers, her immense telekinetic strength trying to rip him apart, trying to reduce his physical being into atoms and molecules. However, he didn't stop and continued forward while quickly casting a spell to make a magical forcefield around them to contain the molecular destruction she was causing. After all, he didn't want the city to just disappear by the time he 'cured' Jean, did he?

As the destruction was temporarily controlled, he continued to advance toward her without worrying about others being affected by this. But right now, he couldn't worry about them, he had to worry about Jean instead.

Although Jean's attack was still far from coming close to truly killing him, it still gave him a hell of a sting like little ants trying to bite him. God, he was truly beginning to hate insects.

'After I am done saving you, I am going to make you pay me with your body, you little redheaded minx.' He thought annoyed about the extra drama and work he had to put in just after he came back from such grueling training. 'Even Naruto didn't have to work the first day he came back at the start of Shippuden.'

Rudeus had gotten pretty close to Jean at this point. He didn't stop and reached out his hand to grab her. Of course, there was supposed to be a pretty much impenetrable forcefield there to stop him from doing that but strangely nothing got in his way from touching her.

It was like she was welcoming him, allowing him to get close to her, permitting him to do what he must.

As soon as he got in physical contact with her, he began to absorb the abundant, almost infinite nourishing cosmic energy from her using his Rinnegan trying to weaken her but again her energy almost seemed to be infinite, no matter how much he absorbed from her, she didn't seem to weaken at all.

Rudeus knew by this point that she was much more powerful than she showed previously but she was severely holding back. She could have just destroyed the planet from space without even coming close but the Jean Grey inside her was making damn sure that didn't happen. Maybe it was because of her love for him or maybe it was because she was truly a kind person.