Chapter 9: Library

William Arthur Weasley, Bill to his friends, was having a fairly ordinary day. He had woken up on time and got in a nice cuppa before heading to the dig site. William loved his job even though his family disapproved. He was not sure what he wanted to do when he left Hogwarts. Bill knew he did not want to work with his father in the ministry. The position at Gringotts Wizarding Bank sort of fell into his lap. The goblins did not trust anyone. However, Bill bound out quickly that if you gave them respect, they would show it right back. Now Bill was one of their best diggers. He had gotten a promotion that allowed him to have his own tent.

Bill was tired and sweaty as he made his way into his tent. He wanted to take a hot shower and rest for a few hours. However, Bill knew he would probably spend more time reading one of the many books on his nightstand than actually sleeping.

"William!" the shrieking voice of his mother called through his tent, making Bill jump as he whirled around. There in his fireplace was his mother's face. Bill felt agitated as he had spoken to his mother multiple times to stop the fire calls without a heads up.

"Bill! Oh! There you are, dear!"

"Mum," Bill said dryly as he looked down at his mother. Bill didn't want to get annoyed with his mother, but it was difficult not to. "Did we not talk about the unannounced fire calls last week?"

"Yes, yes, Bill, I know. What if you had a lady over," Molly began as she rolled her eyes through the fire. "Honestly, Bill, you really need to find a wife. Maybe come back to Brittan, find a friendly witch, and settle down. One that would not care if you're own mother called her firstborn son."
Bill refrained from rolling his eyes as he bit the inside of his lip. He had an ongoing argument with his mother every time she called. It was never about Bill or how his day was going. It was her telling him what she wanted him to do.

Bill had realized early in life that he would never be good enough for Molly Weasley. He and Charlie had a conversation when they called one another to vent about one of their mother's calls. Molly Weasley wanted perfect children, but not at the same time. It was confusing and had Bill going crazy during his Hogwarts days. He thought he was doing what she had wanted of him. Bill was captain of the Quidditch team and got O's on all his OWLS and NEWTS. He earned his dream job and was doing what made him happy. However, he never got married, nor does he have children.

"I mean, how do you think this makes me feel, William? Mary Leach told me how her daughter just had their first child, and I have nothing."

Taking a deep breath, Bill plastered a smile, "Is that what you were calling me for, mother?"

Molly looked caught off guard, "well, no, I was calling to talk to you about your sister. Perci hasn't been answering any of my letters. I sent her a howler, and that even went unanswered. Ron told me that she hasn't been getting any of them."