-43-

After coming back to the castle, the first thing I did was to go change the dress into something more comfortable. Dongy - the elf, took care of Sniffy while I was gone. I need to thank him somehow. Sniffy clearly has been missing me, since he keeps staying very close to me everywhere I go around the chamber. So, I decided to put him on the leash and head out with him. We walk around the groundings and end up walking to Hagrid's Hut to say 'hi' and get my wand and the wedding present back from him. It's not so foggy around here in Hogwarts like it was back in Cokeworth. Wonder what Severus is doing right now? Quickly, I shook my head and climb the four steps up to knock on Hagrid's door. I glance down to Sniffy to see how he is standing right beside me, then back to the door. No answer. That's odd. I knock again. This time slightly more heavier hand.

We wait, but nothing happens. Sniffy and I share a look again when he won't come open the door. Hmm... Knowing his usual time schedule, he should be having his afternoon tea at this hour. Hope nothing bad has happened to him. I go to the bottom of the stairs and look the surroundings, hoping to see any signs of him. "Hagrid?!" my voice echoes around the place. Then, we hear how the wooden door opens behind us. Sniffy and I both turn around to see non other than our half-giant friend. "Hagrid!" I smile, happy to see he's alright. "(Y/N). What's ya doing here so early?" he yawns. I chuckle:"It's... It's around 4 pm.". Both of Hagrid's eyebrows raise:"What? Really?". Can't help, but laugh a little how drowsy he really is:"And how long did you stay up last night? What happened to your date?".

Right after I asked that, his face goes red:"Oh, uh..-", "Rubeus, what are you doing? Come back to be..- Oh! Good morning, (Y/N)." Olympe stops herself when she sees me, standing right behind Hagrid. Clearly trying to cover her half naked body with her long robe. Trying so hard not to grin, so I give a polite nod with soft smile:"Afternoon, Olympe.". We all stand there in silence for a bit. So I'll take this as their second date went well. Hagrid stands there, looking all awkward. Then I clear my throat a bit:"I came to pick up my wand.". "Oh! Right, right!" Hagrid nods. Then he turns to Olympe:"Could you perhaps bring her wand..-", "And the wedding present I bought!" I quickly add. "If you please..." Hagrid continues with soft tone. There is clearly love and admiration in his eyes when he looks at her. Olympe smiles and goes to get them.

Hagrid and I share a look. I give him a wink while smirking:"Good to know someone had a fun night.". His cheeks and ears turns more red:"...Yes. We did had a nice evening. Indeed.". "And whole night, I see." I fake cough the words out while looking other direction. It makes him blush even more. "I am a gentleman!" he whisper hisses, trying to keep his voice down so Olympe won't hear us. A little laugh comes out of me:"You don't haveto give me the details. I'm just happy things worked out for you two.". Before Hagrid can say anything to that, Olympe comes back and hands me the wand and the kit:"Here.". "Thank you! I felt so naked without the wand, to be honest." I take them and try to master them while holding the leash in other hand.

Hagrid feels little bit embarrassed by all of this, so he quickly asks:"How was the rest of the festival for you?". For a split second I pause and wonder what should I tell them. I don't want to worry them by what really happened, specially when his new lady friend is there to hear. "Oh! It was... It was good. Got a lots of drinks and danced a little." giving reassuring smile. "Glad to hear." he smiles back. Before another awkward silent moment comes, I wave at them:"Well, I better get going. See you two around.". "Oh, (Y/N)..!" Hagrid quickly calls after me. I turn back to face him with questioning look:"Hm?". "If it's not too much trouble... Could ya maybe go and feed Buckbeak?" he asks. "Of course." I nod while smiling. Hagrid gives a shy smile and nods back as a 'thank you' just before he and Olympe goes back inside.

Soon after, Sniffy and I walk deeper into the forest near the hut. Got some dead ferrets hanging around my neck that were right outside the house waiting to be delivered for the hippogriff. The Sun starts shining little bit more thru the clouds which just makes the forest look way more beautiful. What a sight. Hagrid has build a little enclosure that has wooden shelter for Buckbeak to sleep in or spend the rainy days. There is also a feeding trough and water for him. Obviously, Buckbeak can fly and go anywhere he wants, but he seems to love being here so much, it almost feels like he acts as if he can't get through the wooden gates that are surrounding him. Funny bird. Buckbeak notices me further away and comes to meet us the half way. "Hello, love. Missed me?" I chuckle gently. Buckbeak lets out a little noise as a 'hello' back.

Then, I put down the hand kit and tie up the niffler's leash into one of the wooden poles and give a little stroke on top of Sniffy's head:"There we go.". Got back up, ready to toss Buckbeak a ferret, but then I see someone has put some food for him into the feeding trough already. Hm? I look around while Buckbeak comes close and presses his beak against me as a sign 'pet me'. Without looking at him, I start petting him and keep looking around to see if there are any signs someone else has been here. Then, right behind me comes the sound when someone uses the Apparate spell and it makes me jump a little:"Wha..-!". Sniffy and Buckbeak takes a step back too because of my sudden action. Quickly I turn around to see:"Dongy!". "Oh, Maste..- (Y/N). What a delight to see you here!" the elf smiles while holding a bucket of water. "Are you the one who fed Buckbeak?" I ask. "Indeed. Dongy feeds all the beasts and creatures around the castle when the Wizards are too busy to do so. That's the job of an elf." he answers. "I see." I nod.

After I helped him to put the bucket of water into the right place, we start to discuss how his life has been ever since he moved into Hogwarts and how he loves to take care of all kinds of beasts. Like Sniffy for example when I was at the festival. How his own family has been interested in taking care of beasts for many centuries and such. "Wow, so it's already in your blood." I point out. Dongy gives a shy smile:"Yes. Perhaps that is true.". Blood. The word got me thinking about Pure Bloods, Half Bloods and Muggle borns. My face goes more pensive while thinking. "Dongy..." I let out as I keep the gaze low. "Yes, (Y/N)?" he looks up to me. I pause for a moment, wondering how am I going to approach this:"Can I ask you something about the time when... You worked for my family?". He looks slightly hesitant at first:"...Of course. (Y/N) can ask anything from Dongy. Dongy promises to answer as truthfully as he can!". "...Did my mother ever cheated on my father?" I ask. Dongy's eyes widens a bit by the question.

We stay quiet for a moment while staring straight into each others eyes. It got awfully quiet. Can hear how there are some birds making noise somewhere in the distance. Feels like I'm holding the breath for some reason while waiting for his answer. He finally blinks and rubs his hands together nervously:"Mrs (Y/L) and Mr. (Y/L) had affairs one after another. Neither of them knew about each others affairs. They would have ended Dongy's life if he would have told, you see.". I nod slowly and turn my gaze back down where it was before. So there is possibility Harold is not my real father after all. Dongy stares at me, not knowing what to say or do in this situation. "Dongy is terribly sorry (Y/N) had to go thru such terrible times." he sounds sincere. A weak chuckle comes out of me and I force a smile:"It's alright, Dongy. I'm lucky they got caught and send to Azkaban.".

The elf pauses for a moment while staring at me. "Can Dongy ask (Y/N) a question?" he tilts his head a bit. Now I turn to look at him again:"Yes. Yes, of course.". "How did Mrs and Mr. (Y/L) got caught?" he ask. "In all honesty, I don't know." I answer. Sniffy starts climbing up against my leg and I look down to him. Then I take him into my arms and start to remember the moment:"I was seventeen when my dad..- Harold, came back home after he was rejected from the Death Eaters. Didn't take long before the Headmaster himself came up to our door - almost bursting in with some help. They then took both of them away and I was send to the Muggle World to live with my aunt. None of us know even to this day how Dumbledore knew to come to my rescue.". Dongy watches me for a moment before saying:"Yes. The-the Headmaster is indeed the Greatest Wizard of all time!". "Indeed he is." I smile. Soon, we start to talk little more lighter matter and have some laughs here and there while Buckbeak and Sniffy keeps us some company. I gave him some sweets I had in mypocket that the festival had to offer for free. He was hesitant atfirst, but after the first bite, he started to eat them gladly. It's so nice to see Dongy smiling and actually having great time.