Chapter 1: Patience

I am awoken by the faint sound of my alarm, getting louder the more I wake up. I groan as I lean over to my night stand to turn it off, rubbing the sleep out of my eyes before letting myself fall back onto my bed.

I stare at the ceiling as my thoughts get less blurry, wait, its Friday today! Friday the 3rd of March... It's Oscar's first day in the F1 season!

Suddenly wide awake I sit up and grab my phone to look at the time. I look around and realise I am, indeed, in my hotelroom in Bahrain, where I arrived yesterday.

I stand up and walk to the brown closet a few meters away from my bed, the hotel room is small but has everything I need, I'd only have to sleep here after all, the days will be filled with activities to keep me busy.

My hand slides across the hangers with dresses, blouses, sweaters, jackets, and I look at the stacks of trousers, t-shirts and underwear I brought, I packed more than enough. I also packed my McLaren cap, of course.

I decided to wear a pair of baggy jeans, a tight-fitted white tee with some text on it, and an oversized brown leather jacket, then to top it off I put on my McLaren cap, with the number 81 embroided on it. I debated on bringing my sunglasses but decided not to, the cap would protect me from the sun if needed.

I quickly curled my lashes and put on some mascara, I wasnt really that good at doing makeup because it was always done for me on-set, but I never really felt like I needed much makeup. Too much effort as well. When I was done I went to message my brother, he said he'd pick me up at around 11, we'd have plenty of time to catch up and maybe even have some lunch together before Free Practice 1 started.

Im in front of your hotel, Lia.

He messaged me back, and I zipped my vest up a bit before grabbing my purse and keys and then left my hotelroom.

I locked my door and started walking, not watching where I was going as I was struggling to put my keys in my purse.

Suddenly I felt myself bump into someone, I looked up quickly and apologetically to the guy I had walked into.

"Shit" I whispered "Sorry, I'm in a hurry." I mumbled, ashamed.

"Dont worry about it, ma'am." The guy said with a smile, I nodded and walked to the glass hotel door where I see Oscar's red McLaren Artura waiting for me outside.

***

Authors note: thank you for reading, I hope u enjoy it so far and have a good day :D