Chapter 2: Who?

The car ride was quiet, not awkwardly, but I could feel how nervous Oscar was. Oscar never talked when he was nervous, but he wasn't nervous very often. Most of the time my brother was a very chilled out person, but I couldn't imagine feeling chilled out on a day like this.

I wasn't bothered by the lack of conversation, I didnt even notice it, because the picture of the guy I bumped into was stuck in my head. I saw cute guys daily, in the supermarket, while on the plane, and so on, and he was just another example of that. I wasn't going to see him again.

Though I tried to get myself to forget him, this was different, his smile, his turquoise eyes, his brown curls...

I layed my head on my hand and looked out the window as we drove onto the terrain where the drivers park their cars and when the car stopped I stepped out, combing my hands through my hair swiftly.

Oscar immediatly got approached by interviewers when we stepped out of the car. He had gotten quite alot of hate since he signed for McLaren, people didn't believe in him. But I do. I'm one year older than him but sometimes he feels so much older and wiser to me. I want to support him all I can. I'm used to getting some salty comments, as I am a celebrity of my own, but Oscar isn't used to them, and though he tries to hide his reaction to the comments, sometimes I see how discouraged he gets and it breaks my heart.

I get snapped back to reality when Oscar taps my shoulder.

"Amelia, let's go, we can walk around the paddock for a bit."

He says as we start walking, I scan my paddock pass and walk through the gates, immediatly it is less busy here, there are some fans that ask Oscar for an autograph or a picture but there's mainly just staff and some other drivers here and there.

Me and Oscar were catching up a bit when an interviewer came up to us to ask Oscar if he wanted to do a quick challenge, he also invited me. I won the challenge and we had a laugh and then the camera and interviewer walked away again.

"Lia, you've been so quiet, what's wrong?" Oscar suddenly asked.

"Oh, uh nothing really, I'm just nervous for you, that's all." I reply, little does Oscar know that the picture of the guy from the hotel is still spooking through my mind.

"Want to go to the garage?" Oscar asks. "You can see the car if you want." He says.

"Sure" I reply, unsure what to say.

***

As we arrived in the garage Oscar explained the car to me for a bit, and I talked with a few of the mechanics, some of them knew me, some of them didn't and saw me as 'the sister of'.

"Goodmorning."

A man wearing a McLaren shirt and light blue jeans walked into the garage, when I looked at the direction the voice came from, I was stunned, I didn't recognize him at first, but I did now. He was the guy i bumped into in the hotel, that guy was Lando Norris.

***

Authors note: chapter 3 is already in the works!