Chapter 3: Denying?

I look away quickly, and feel my ears and cheeks getting hot, what the fuck?

Everyone greets the brunette and I hear him walk up to me, I am forced to look up to him as he was greeting me, flustered or not, I'm still polite.

"You must be Amelia" he said and went to shake my hand "I'm Lando, nice to meet you." He said as I shook his hand.

He acted like he didn't see me blushing and also seemed to have forgotten I was the girl that bumped into him in the morning. And when he quickly winked at me with a smug look on his face, I looked away. Wait. He winked at me??

Oscar grabbed my arm and pulled me towards the exit of the garage.

"Fancy a lunch?" He asked, with a forced smile on his face and some urgency in his voice.

I realised my stomach was rumbling and nodded my head to Oscar, walking with him to the cafetaria of McLaren.

"You and Lando- have you met before or something?" Oscar asked but didn't look at me directly.

"No, we haven't. Why?" I said maybe a bit too rushed while sternly avoiding my brother's piercing eyes. I know I lied, although, is bumping into someone really meeting one another? Either way I didn't want to make this bigger than it was, he was just some guy I bumped into. And now he also happened to be Oscar's teammate. That's all he was.

"Alright alright." Oscar said suspiciously.

I grabbed a plate and took a look at the menu, mozzarella seemed nice. Hungry, I walked to the lady behind the buffet and asked for a mozzarella sandwich, after she handed me the sandwich I sat down at a table, signaling to Oscar that he should come sit here, I didn't know anyone else here after all.

I took a bite out of the bread and grabbed my phone from my pocket.

*Instagram: Lando Norris started following you*

I almost choked on my bread reading the notificiation on my lock screen.

"Lia are you okay-?" Oscar laughed as he walked up to me and went to sit opposite of me.

Suspiciously quick I put away my phone. "Yeah-" I mumbled, coughing. "Yeah. Totally fine. Just- breathed wrong...?" I slammed my handpalm to my head, that sounded so dumb.

"If you say so." Oscar said as he shrugged.

I put on my phone again and opened Instagram, scrolling through my feed, eating my sandwich.

***

After the lunch I quickly prepared myself in my hotelroom for the free practice session. My head was pounding and I took a painkiller, then when I was ready and it was time, I got out of the hotel and walked to the circuit, the hotel was a 15 minute walk away from the track but I didn't mind it.

I arrived at the track at 14:00, 30 minutes early, and scanned my paddock pass. I quickly started walking towards the McLaren garage to wish my brother good luck.

***

"Oscar!" I said. "Goodluck."

"Hi Lia." He greeted me.

We gave eachother a high five and he went back to his trainer and started with focus training, I was escorted out of the garage to not further distract him and I waited in the VIP-paddock for the time to start.

***

Authors note: Thanks for reading! Sorry it took so long to upload a new part.