Chapter 5: Sleep

I woke up before my alarm, I felt better already, that said alot. I'm not saying I felt like I could conquer the world, but I could handle the next hour or so.  With my left arm I pushed myself to the right side of the bed and grabbed my phone to turn the alarm that I had set the night before off. 6:47 am. I wouldn't sleep any more either way.

How long I had slept was a mystery, I surely still felt as tired as I did the night before.

I rolled back into a comfortable position and opened instagram. Though it was pointless, apart from the usual likes and comments, the only thing that stood out was the yet-to-be-opened message request from no one other than Lando Norris. It's whatever.

I closed the app and groaned, what was I supposed to do all day. Take some pictures? Go for a walk? Go shopping? Boring. Normally Oscar would annoy me, or my friends would come by, or... I don't know! This country was just boring, my whole life was boring. I felt so lazy and-

Whatever, questioning my life choices wont get me any further anyway. So I stood up and rubbed my eyes as I entered my bathroom. I clicked on the lights  and flinched, lord were these lights bright.  After my eyes had adjusted to the bright white lights around my bathroom mirror, I splashed my face with some cold water. Refreshing... -ish.

I didn't really do skincare. But partnerships made me good money, so sometimes I did my 'routine' and posted it. It'd make my skin feel nice afterwards, but it's not something I'd do everyday. Too much effort, I guess. Though today I put on some moisturiser and SPF in the hopes that it would wake me up.

I walked back to my bedroom and saw my phone light up. I hopped on my bed and saw the notification from Whatsapp.

You up yet?

Oscar had messaged me

Yes, good morning

I replied, he must've known I wouldn't sleep well without my medication.

Wanna hit the gym?

Well whatever, maybe that would get me to feel a bit better, though I doubted it, sore muscles didn't necessarily sound like a fun experience.

Sure

Alright, see you in 10

I sighed and put my phone face down on my bed. I stretched as I stood up and walked over to the closet in the corner of my room. I picked out a cute sport set and put on a jumper over it. That'll do. I swiftly put my phone in the soft stomach pocket of the sweater and made my way to the kitchen part of my hotelroom. What should I eat... I thought for a bit and decided on the red-fruit-smoothie in the mini-fridge.

I chugged my vitamins with a bit of water and then unscrewed the cap of the smoothie bottle. The taste was sweet in my mouth and the texture was smooth, which was rare, as my own smoothies always had some pulp in it. What I'm trying to say is, it was a decent smoothie, and just as I swallowed the last bit I heard a knock on my door. I jumped, but then heard his voice. "Amelia?"

***

Authors note: Sorry for the inconsistency again, I will genuinly try to update more frequently lol, thank you for reading <33