20// Forgetting

...

.

.

.

.

.

I look in her eyes, but her expressing changes. Her beautiful smile disapears. She looks a bit confused? Did she maybe think I was dead?

"I... uhm, I'm sorry. Who are you?"

The feeling of a knife going through my chest is back. Did Y/n just ask me who I am?
She pulls her hands away and looks behind me to the others. I do the same, I look at Gally.

"She doesn't remember anything?" I ask. This can't be happening right now.

"I remember everything from the moment I came in the Glade. Are you the Greenie? Did the box come early again?" Y/n replies instead of Gally.

If I had any tears left right now, they would fill my eyes. She remembers the Glade but not me?
"Wait, you do remember them?"

"Of course, that's Gally, Clint and Jeff."

"And I am?"

"You'll remember your name again soon, Greenie, don't worry about it."

This is as bad as seeing her disappear in that Maze.
"I'm not the Greenie, I've been here longer than you even."
Why am I defending myself? She just has no idea who I am. "Okay, wait. Who is like our leader here?"

"That's Ably."

"Who's second in comandend?" Gally asks her. He knows I was about to ask the same.

"There is no second in comandend?"

"I can't believe this," I say accidently out loud. I cover my face in my hands. What is going on here?

Alby comes in. "Ah, I heard Y/n is awake. How is she doing?"

"I'm fine, Alby, thanks. But uhm, there is something."  Y/n gets up and goes to Ably. She wispers something in his ear, I can't hear it.

Alby looks at me, a bit confused. "I see," he says. "Newt, can you come with me?"

I do as he asks me to. I actually don't want to stay there at the moment. This is way too confusing.

"Newt, Y/n asked me if I can make you leave. She felt uncomfortable because you were acting like you two know each other. What's going on?"

"I'm wondering the same. She just somehow doesn't remember me."

The last two days, I was scared that I would never be able to talk with her again. Now, I can, but she wanted me to leave.
What am I supposed to do about this? We can't just start completely over again.

~~End of Newt's pov~~

Newt had spent the rest of the day working in the Gardens. He doesn't want to see Y/n right now. Because it hurts how she does not remember him. He was about to tell her that he's in love, and now, she doesn't even know they were best friend.

Minho is back in the Glade and sees how Newt is just working and isn't with Y/n.
"Hi, Newt, what are you doing here? I thought you would be with Y/n all day. How is she doing?"

"She's awake, and she's great, Minho. She's probably waiting for you to visit her," Newt replies with a sarcastic tone.

"Why do you say it like that? Aren't you happy she's fine?"

"No, I am. It's just, Y/n doesn't remember me."

"What do you mean?"

"She remembers everything from the Glade and everyone, except for me. She thought I was the Greenie and asked Alby to make me leave."