Chapter 06: Saoirse in distress
***

"Tell me, Ms. Araneta, what can I do to please you and for you to sign the contract your father had with me?" Even in school, some of her father's greedy business partners never stop bothering her about her father's unfinished business with them.

"Mr. Martinez, let me tell you this, leave me alone, or else." She started but Mr. Martinez chuckled, "Or else what? Don't expect na may kakampi sayo na Araneta, your father is in the hospital, and Patricia is in Spain." He said, not thinking every words that came out on his mouth.

"Or else, I will eat you alive, bones and all, isa pang lapit mo sa anak ko, tignan natin kung saan ka pupulutin, Mr. Martinez." Irene suddenly interjected, Saoirse smirked slightly.

"You heard her, you know, I don't basically agree with her, but this time, I will." Saoirse said with an attitude. Irene smiled lightly, before looking at Mr. Martinez with a sly smirk on her face.

"Are you threatening me, Ms. Marcos? Sino ka ba para pag bantaan mo?" Mr. Martinez said, crossing his arms.

"Don't underestimate my capabilities, if you go near my daughter I'll make sure that everything you worked hard for will turn into ashes, tell me gusto mo ba yun?" Irene asked him.

Mr. Martinez scoffed before leaving. When he left, Saoirse looked at Irene, "uhm, what are you doing here? Aren't you supposed to be at CCP?" Saoirse asked her as she walks towards her service.

"I just passed by, bakit, am I not allowed here? Are you hiding something from me?" Irene asked her, Saoirse scoffed audibly, rolling her eyes at her mother.

"You're one kind of a spoiled brat." Irene added, scoffing. Saoirse glanced at her with a smirk on her face, "maybe you should blame my father for that." Saoirse said before entering the car.

Irene followed by, sitting next to her, "Don't you have your own car? Why are you here? Didn't you know I don't like being accompanied by people unless they're my driver or assistant?" Saoirse asked her.

"Nasiraan yung sasakyan ko, and Manong Elvis went to the repair shop with the car." Irene said while buckling her seatbelt.

Irene noticed that Saoirse is nor wearing her seatbelts on. Sighing, she leaned towards her daughter and buckled it.

Saoirse was shocked when Irene acted that way, "Just wear your seatbelt, please. Wag mo tatanggalin." Irene said softly before focusing on her phone.

When they entered an unfamiliar village, Saoirse looked at her mother. "What on earth are we doing here? Aren't we supposed to be at home resting?" Saoirse asked her.

"Change of plans, mag papahatid lang ako, I'll be with my friends." Irene said, Saoirse nodded "May friends pala siya? I doubt it." Saoirse thought while looking outside the window.

As she was looking, she saw Ana's driver outside the house. "Is Tata Ana here also?" Saoirse asked her, Irene felt a sudden grip on her heart.

"She's friends with Alice and my friends, what do you expect?" Irene said, coldly.

"Will Ninang Dawny be there also?" Saoirse suddenly asked, "I don't know, but I expect she will also, after all, she's still friends with my friends." Irene said while retouching her make up.