Kyra c.c - never too prepared

Kyra's Pov

Two weeks before the world cup. To say that i was nervous was understatement of the year. We all were. But no one as much as y/n.

Ever since the olympics when she missed a goal in the bronze medal match, she had been working harder than anyone to prove that that mistake didn't define her. even though we had all told her that it wasn't her fault, that her player had obviously fouled her (which isn't a lie), she still believes that it was her fault.

Y/n has been my best friend since primary school, from the day that i was playing basketball with my friends and she asked to join - when my friends said no and laughed at her i was first to use some colourful language towards them and go and hangout with y/n without them. Best choice i have ever made.

Almost all of the matildas have begged me to make a move on y/n but i've never had the guts to do it. Fear of rejection and ruining our friendship has been eating me alive. Plus we live together, imagine how awkward that would be if she said no.

****

Still Kyra's Pov

"Hey ky i'm homeee" i hear her soft voice

"where've you been missy" i ask while stirring the pot of soup in the kitchen.

"just out practicing. can never be too prepared." she reply's while sitting on the chair at the kitchen.

"that's true. just don't overdo it, okay?" i say softly

"i'm not gonna overdo it ky"

"are you sure? because i know you've not been sleeping, instead you've been rewatching every game you've ever played and beating yourself up about every tiny mistake."

"i have not!"

"don't lie to me y/n" i say turning around looking at her.

"fine. so what? it will benefit the team"

"y/n i care way to much about you to let you harm yourself like this. it wasn't your fault, you do know that right?" i ask

"i don't know what your talking about. Let's just eat." she lies.

*****
After training
kyra's pov

As soon as tony said we were done for the day we all rushed inside to have showers and get changed. We all agreed to go up into the theatre room to watch a movie for team bonding.

I was one of the first ones to be done with showering so i got changed into sweatpants and hoodie and letting my hair out.

I went upstairs and sat in one of the comfy recliner chairs waiting for everyone else - Alannah and macca already seated as well.

After a few minutes of scrolling on TikTok i feel the presence of another body next to me. y/n.

"im so tired" she says

"i wonder why" i say looking at her

"your exaggerating. i still sleep."

"most nights you fall asleep on the couch at like 3am and i have to carry you to bed." i say

"oh" she says going red

"you're cute when your blushing" i say

"i am not blushing." she says

"sure your not."

hour into movie

"awhh look ky, y/n's asleep in your lap" Hayley says

I look down from the screen to see that me playing with y/n's hair while she's lying on my lap, made her fall asleep. I smile to myself.

"Ky your staringgg" macca says

"shut the fuck up your gonna wake her up" i whisper-shout.

"jesus someone's snappy"

"this is the most sleep she's gotten in days, if one of you wake her up i'll snap your neck." i threaten

****

701 words

Very short one, i once again had no idea how to end it but kyra's such a cutie pie i'm thinking of writing another for her.

Anyways let me know if there any other ending you'd like me to write for it because i know that there wasn't really anything romantic i thought it was just kinda cute without any kissing or anything. idk tho.

<3