𝟶𝟷𝟸 | ᴱᴾᴵᴸᴼᴳᵁᴱ

CHAPTER TWELVE

Epilogue

[₀₁₂]

song: Love of My Life - 𝙃𝙖𝙧𝙧𝙮 𝙎𝙩𝙮𝙡𝙚𝙨

⟵⌖⟶

"Baby, you are the love of my life."

Three years later...

The birthing room was filled with perfect chaos. Similar to the quiet before a storm, except for the ones that resulted in rainbows and the comfortable feeling of rain on your back. Colette and Bradley Bradshaw are taken aback by the arrival of a gorgeous newborn baby boy.

He resembled Bradley when he was born, with honey-coloured eyes and a little mop of blonde hair. Colette was exhausted, but she was determined to see Maverick, Penny, and her father before falling asleep and allowing Bradley to tend to his newborn boy. Henry moved towards his daughter, battling the overwhelming sleepy feeling that was attempting to possess her.

Colette smiled at the man as he kissed her on the cheek. "Your mother would be very proud of you, sweetheart. We're both." Colette looked up at her father, tears welling up in her eyes threatening to flow down her cheeks.

Colette sighs and closes her eyes as she lays her head against her hospital bed, attempting to alleviate the exhaustion she was experiencing after giving birth. Bradley stood next to Penny and Maverick, holding his son in his arms, and staring at his sleeping wife. He quietly smiled, unable to fathom his life any other way.

« ✵ » 

2 years later......

Colette hurried around the Bradshaw house, looking for the cooler bag she had purchased a year ago from a Costco somewhere after being lured into the wonders and maze that Costco had to offer. Bradley entered the kitchen, Nick looking around with a puzzled expression holding his father's large, tanned hand.

Bradley locked gaze with his son, who was looking up at him with his large, honey-coloured eyes. "I don't know, either bud."

Colette noticed both of them while looking around the kitchen. "Ah! I can't find the cooler, so there you are. If I don't find it soon, we'll be late." Colette exclaimed as she approached the two. Nick smiled when he saw his mum. "Mumma."

The sound of her son's voice took away all of Colette's worries. "Hey there, baby." Colette muttered, kneeling, as Nick lurched towards her with a smile. Bradley smiled as he observed the mother and son combination; they were his universe, nothing else mattered.

"Honey, I think you're going blind." Bradley commented with a chuckle as he looked at the dark blue cooler laying on the kitchen counter, looking a little melancholy. "Why?-" Colette questioned as she followed his gaze, spotting the cooler bag in front of her.

"I swear I put it somewhere else." We'd better get moving or else we'll be late." Colette replies as she grabs the cooler bag from the counter, draping the strap over her shoulder, and scooping up Nick, placing him on her hip. As Bradley followed behind her with his keys, the woman began making her way out to the Bronco parked in the driveway.

He slid into the driver's seat after closing the door to the Bradshaw house and watching as his wife buckled Nick into the car seat and kissed his freckled nose. Colette smiled at the boy before closing the door and settling into her own seat. She looked towards Bradley giving the man a smile. How did she get so lucky.