Why Did I Wait So Long? ⏳🧡 x F! Reader (r)

A/N

Request from @MourningCry_Warriors

WARNINGS: Angst and character death.

Mikey has had a huge crush in you since before the krang. After years and years he finally works up the courage to confess. A couple of months later he asks you to marry him and you say yes.

Enjoy!

-----------------------------------------------------------

3rd person POV

Since before the whole krang apocalypse, Mikey had a huge crush on you. You were just so brave and cunning. Smart and kind. You helped him get through his father's and Raph's death. You were just so considerate and patient.

You always made sure to have time for everyone and check if they were okay. You helped everyone with there woundss. Not to mention you also were a big part of the resistance and the reason why most people in it are still her today.

You have probably saved Mikey countless times in the past year and he's a mystic warrior. You even helped him learn to control his mystic powers when he first unlocked them and let's just say they were a bit destructive at first.

Mikey couldn't stop day dreaming about you. He thought about you day and night. He wanted to tell you, but you have so much stuff to do. What I'd you don't have time for a relationship? Or what if you don't like him?

You could have anybody you wanted so why choose him. Mikey decided that he wasn't going to wait any longer. He was going to confess the first chance he got. The sooner he does the better. The life span now is about 22 years.

The next time he sees you could be the last. There just isn't enough time to wait for the right moment. You and him were planning to have dinner together, while the resistance was relocating the headquarters after yet another krang attack. So that's when Mikey would confess.

------------------------------------------------------

The next day during dinner (Still 3rd person POV)

You and Mikey met at your usual spot for dinner. It was a little cliff where you both would dangle your legs of the side of it and watch the sunset. When Mikey got there you were already sitting, patiently waiting for him to arrive. Once you heard footsteps you quickly turned to see him.

"Hey Mike! How's it going I haven't seen you in a bit." You said waving to him with a smile and then patting the ground, signaling him to come sit down.

"Oh I'm doing good!" He said a little too loud, to where it was noticeable. Mikey sat down next to you and smiled. He loved the way the sunset lit up your gorgeous face. Covering it with red, orange, pink, and purple hues. 

"I brought some food." He said handing you some roasted rat, wrapped in a big leaf. He hated the thought of eating rats, but there was barely any food anymore. It hasn't rained in weeks. So all the crops were dying too. 

You took the rat off of the leaf and handed the leaf to Mikey. Then you started to eat the meat in your hand. Based in your expression, Mikey could tell you haven't eaten in days at least. It was nice to see you eat something, especially after you work so hard all the time.

Mikey started to eat his leaf, but his eyes remained on you the entire time. 

(Idkw but I love the thought of Mikey eating a leaf.)

Once you finished up you wiped you face with your selve and got up to leave. You shot a quick good bye and see you soon and started to leave, but then Mikey grabbed your wrist and you turned toward him.

"Is everything okay, Mikey?" You said in a soft voice. God it was killing him. He was blushing madly, but he couldn't keep it in any longer.

"Y/n! I LOVE YOU! I HAVE LOVED YOU FOR YEARS NOW! YOUR JUST SO PRETTY AND SMART AMD BRAVE AND CARING! AND YOU PROBABLY DONT LIKE ME BACK, BUT I HAD TO TELL YOU! SO YEAH I LOVE YOU WITH ALL MY HEART, FOREVER, TILL THE DAY I DIE. I WILL NEVER STOP LOVING YOU!"

Then Mikey stopped. He can't believe he just said that. Then he looked at you. You were just staring at him, shocked. You didn't know what to say and neither did he. But you tried to say something.

"You have loved me for all these years?" You said quietly, still in shock. Mikey just nodded and looked away from you. He couldn't bare to see your reaction.

"Mikey! I love you too! I never told you because I thought you would've told me by now if you did actually like me. I mean the thought me, just a person working in the resistance along with a about a hundred other people, dating you, a mystic warrior. I mean you could have anyone you wanted what were the chances you would love me back?!"

Mikey was studded. He just listened to your ramble with his cheeks dusted in blush. He couldn't believe that you thought of him in that way. He couldn't believe you saw him the exact same way he saw you. He loved listening to you ramble and praise him as to how brave and manly and kind he was. Then you realized you were rambling for quite sometime now and stopped. 

"Sorry! I didn't mean to rant or anything. Great going Y/n ruining the moment." Mikey chuckled as you asked to yourself. He started to stand up and he held both of your hands in his. Once you turned to face him he stared into your beautiful eyes.

He placed one hand on your cheek, still holding your hand in the other. Then he leaned in and so did you. Both closing your eyes. Then your lips met in a soft, sweet kiss. Leaving both of you blushing madly.

You both held the kiss for about 20 seconds and let go. Both of you were looking in each other's eyes with a smile plastered on both of your faces. Then you kissed again. All your worries drifted away along with the sunset as it slowed turned to night.

---------------------------------------------------------

1013 words

I'm going to write a part two so don't worry!

I love this request so much thank you!

Constructive criticism is always appreciated!

Have a great day! 🧡