Why Did I Wait So Long? ⏳🧡 x F! Reader Pt.2 (r)

A/N

This is the second part to Why Did I Wait So Long?

Warnings are all the same btw.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

3rd person POV

You and Mikey have been dating for about 2 months now and Mikey couldn't be happier. Pretty much his entire life he has wanted to be with you and now your finally his.

Since the life span during the krang apocalypse was decreased by 70%, it wasn't uncommon to get married just a couple months into a relationship. Mikey has been thinking about it for a while now. He didn't know if you wanted to take it slow or not. 

All he knew was that he wanted to spend the rest of his life with you, however long it may be. He hoped you felt the same way too. He already had everything planned out. He was going to propose at the exact same place where he confessed. 

On the cliff where you both always had dinner together. As the sunset he would propose to you and hopefully you'd say yes, and then you and him would live happily ever after like in all the fairy tales except is during an apocalypse. 

He couldn't wait, but then again he didn't mind waiting just for a little bit, so he could overthink it. Mikey wasn't really the one to overthink things, but he couldn't help it. Everything needed to be perfect for you!

  ------------------------------------------------------------------------

The same day during dinner (Still 3rd person POV)

You sitting at you and his usual spot. You heard footsteps so you turned to see Mikey, but instead of giving a little wave and a greeting, you stood up and gave him a little kiss on the cheek. 

"Hey baby! How are you doing? I haven't seen you all day!" You said happily with a cute little smile on your face, which Mikey adored so much.

"I've been doing good. I was just busy with some stuff." He said happily. Then both of you sat down, with your feet dangling off the edge of the cliff. Then Mikey handed you a leaf. You noticed he only brought one leaf, so you tore it in half and gave the other half to him.

"No, sunshine, you need to eat." He said pushing the leaf back to you.

"You need food just as much as me. I'm going to eat unless you eat the other half." You said, giving Mikey back the leaf. God you were so stubborn, but he loved it. Once you both finished Mikey noticed the sunset and knew it was almost time. 

"I'm going to go ahead and go. They probably need me at headquarters. See you later, babe." You said giving Mikey a forehead kiss and then leaving, but then you felt him grab your wrist and you turned around.

"I'm getting the weirdest feeling of Deja vu right now." You said then you realized he was getting down on one knee and you gasped. 

"Darling, there's nobody id see myself with in the future than you. I want to spend the rest of my life with you. Will you marry me?" He said as he pulled out a ring made out a small flower. It was an orange Lantana. The stem was bent into the shape of a ring and the flower was acting as the jewel on top. It was beautiful. 

"Yes Mikey! Yes!" You said jumping into his arms and kissing him on the lips. Then he put the ring on your finger and hugged each other tight the rest of the night.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

One week later, the day of the wedding. (Still 3rd person POV)