TWENTY FOUR| the truth

THE Pogues hid out at the salvage yard, trying to figure out what the hell they were going to do.

Eden was pacing back and forth, Pope stood angrily, JJ looked worried and Kiara had her hands on her head in a stressed manner, fingers weaving through her curls.  The Pogues worked better when everyone was together, and having John B.—who was something of the ringleader of the group, truly—was taking a toll.  They were all worried, stressed, and upset. 

A whirring then sounded, and the four teens all looked at the sky with deadpanned expressions to see a plane flying over the salvage yard—the Cameron's plane flying off with all the gold.  With their gold.

Eden huffed, kicking at the cement floor with her foot.  She should've known better than to think they'd be able to get away with this gold, that something would go right—she wishes she can go back to the night at the Crain house, to where they were all cheering in the Twinkie, and tell herself that it wouldn't work. That all their cheers were for nothing.

"There goes the gold." JJ says angrily, kicking a nearby yard chair with anger, the item snapping.  Eden wasn't so surprised at the boy's action—she was fighting the urge to scream in fury, to let all her emotions out, and JJ was always one to break shit. "Shit!"

However, Pope's actions did shock the Bexley.

"Fuck!" the three other teens look back to see the Heyward boy throwing something into the air. He grabs a metal bat and begins slamming in against a deserted television, letting out his rage as if he was in a rage room. "Goddammit! Shit! Fuck!" Pope continues to slam the metal bat against items in the salvage yard, as well as the wall.

Eden watches with her mouth in the shape of an 'o'.  Out of everyone, she thought Pope handled his anger best—he was never one to do reckless shit like JJ, or to act first then think like John B.  He was calculated, and wasn't one to just start breaking shit and cursing because something went wrong.  That was more of a JJ move.

The girl slightly flinches as items come crashing down around Pope, dust flying in the air.  At some point within turning the salvage yard into his own personal rage room, he stopped cursing and just started screaming, beating up chairs and tables and whatever else happened to be in his grasp.

"We should have gotten him a rage room a while ago." Eden breathes as Pope slams the bat into a trash can, denting the metal.  She'd never seen the Heyward boy so angry before and honestly it was sort of....scary? This was a version of Pope Heyward she'd never seen before.

Kiara has wide eyes as she yells, "Pope!"

The Heyward didn't seem to hear and tossed away the bat, picking up the trash can and throwing it across the room with a yell. 

"Pope!" Kiara calls out again.

The Heyward finally seems to stop and takes a seat on a weaved couch, hyperventilating. His face scrunched up and Eden didn't need to look twice to know he was trying to keep from crying—she'd been there before.

"Pope." Eden rings softly, approaching the boy slowly so as to not alarm him.  Kiara does the same, looking around at the damage he'd done to the poor items sitting around the salvage yard.

"Yeah, dude." JJ has wide eyes, just as shocked at the boy's rare outburst as the girls were.  He crosses towards Eden and Kie, "I was wondering when this was gonna happen." Pulling out a vape pen, the blonde hands it over to Pope, "Here you go, chief.  A little weed never hurt no one."