32. only child

"hnnrgh!" yoongi groaned almost like a squeal in his throat. he seem to struggle focusing what's in front of him. he could just feel his sweat in his forehead. he yelps, "ah!"

"hyung, c'mon," jungkook called. his annoying grin not leaving his lips as he keep pressing it. "you're better than this!"

"shut up...!" yoongi spat as he try to press the buttons that lit up whenever there's cute monsters popping up in the screen. "i'm doing my best!"

jungkook just chuckles. the older was so serious playing the games. jungkook can't have enough seeing this side of yoongi, of how he's enjoying hanging out with him.

once the round finished, they finally won. out of joy, both of them did a high five.

"good job," jungkook praised. yoongi's gummy smile is showing. he thought it's adorable.

yoongi immediately realized his out of character so he quickly fixed himself. he awkwardly looks around the arcade. he shyly says, "yeah, i'm hungry."

jungkook checks the time in his watch. it's already 7pm, they should take a break and eat somewhere. he invites, "you want bread? coffee?"

yoongi nods, "i know a place that sells good bread."

"alright," jungkook then looked at the claw machines. "let me win you over with a kumamon."

"...what?" dumbfounded yoongi. he doesn't like how he heard that [clearly]. jungkook grinned and pulled him towards the claw machine. his face feeling warm because of that. he pulls himself to try stopping him, "ya, jungkook!"

in the end, jungkook almost spent 20 tokens trying to get a kumamon. yoongi did stop him successfully.

they are now sat and in the table are their orders. yoongi got blueberry cheesecake and a yogurt drink; jungkook got bacon and cheese bread, and lemonade.

"hey, jungkook," yoongi started.

"yeah?" jungkook responded while he chew his bread. both his eyebrows raised to let the older continue.

"do you have any siblings?" yoongi has been wondering this for a while. he finally get to ask him.

jungkook shook his head, "only son, only child. what about you?"

"me too," yoongi took another bite of his sliced cake with spoon. "kind of lonely."

"you have me now," jungkook leans on the surface. he rest his chin on his palm and watch yoongi eat once again. he secretly feel satisfied while doing so. he add confidently, "i won't make you feel that way."

"there goes his flirty side," yoongi sighed in disappointment. jungkook chuckling after that. "i almost forgot about it."

"better than saying freaky stuff out loud," jungkook protested.

"ugh, shut up," yoongi lowers his head with that embarrassing thought. he would straight up leave if jungkook said something sexual, especially if someone heard it.

"haha! i'm not," jungkook shortly laughed because of that frightened reaction. he sips his lemonade, "if anything, i wanna do sexy stuff with you."

yoongi felt jungkook's shoes tap his. that just sent a signal in his head and it's not good. he's alarmed. yoongi quickly retreats his foot away. yoongi's face became pallid pink.

"stop it, jungkook," he said in warning tone. he even pressed his name. "don't let me kick your crotch."

"i didn't know you have a sadistic side," jungkook just grinned and continued his food. yoongi did the same. jungkook glances at the oler just to spot a berry jam in the edge of his lips. he unconsciously reaches for it to wipe it off, surprising yoongi. "sorry, there's jam."

"ah, thanks," he said dryly. not knowing how to react to that. he tries to clean the corner of his lips with tissue.

jungkook just hummed and naturally finished his bread.

༺ ˖࣪ ∗ ♡ ∗ ˖࣪ ༻

time passed by quickly without realizing by the two young men. the older's phone suddenly start vibrating, cutting their conversation. he pulled it out and saw the caller. he widens his eyes and immediately answers it.

"hi, mom." he greeted quietly, almost like a squeak. jungkook can tell the guilt and anxiety in the older's face.

"mister min yoongi, where are you?!" his mother from the other line with loud voice. she greeted him with anger. jungkook heard it which caused him to secretly snicker.

"i was at the mall," yoongi glances at the younger and then quickly checks the time in his phone. with nervousness, "i'm now on my way home..!"

"you better!" his mother didn't wait for him to respond, she cut the line.

"strict mother," jungkook commented. yoongi groaned, "ugh, can't blame her. she's been feeling lonely ever since dad passed away."

"i'm sorry to hear that," jungkook forces a smile. both of them decide to stood up and leave the place. he offers, "want me to walk you home?"

"oh, no, no," yoongi shook his hands along with his head. "i should be the one walking you."

"i'll be fine," jungkook checks his watch again. it's almost 9pm. he assumed there's still enough time to walk to the train station. "there are two trains left for tonight, there'll be one arriving soon."

"then, we better hurry.." yoongi ignored what the younger have said and he started to march. jungkook quickly grabbed his wrist to stop him. he looks back, "mwo?"

"you go home before your mom locks the door," jungkook still managed to tease the older. "or worse, kill you."

"oh, trust me. she will," yoongi agreed, he's positive about that statement. jungkook chuckles and suddenly pulls the older closer for a hug. it made yoongi froze in his spot.

it felt warm.

"i had fun," he heard the younger saying that softly to his ears. his ears turning warm.

he hesitates to hug back. he gently pushes jungkook away. he's feeling embarrassed because he did that in public, right in the open area. he quietly respond, "me too."

jungkook then started to walk away. he half-raised his hand while he looked behind him, "see you, hyung."

yoongi awkwardly waving goodbye, "nn."