23. first call

✆ jungkook is calling...
accept | decline

yoongi took few seconds before he tapped the 'accept' option to answer the call from the younger. he sat up and placed his phone on his ear. he's currently on his bed. he crossed his legs together. he didn't speak because he wanted to wait for the younger to start.

"hey," jungkook finally greets him in the call. the voice sounded rough but has smooth mixture in it. it's balanced.

yoongi didn't say anything. he isn't responding, but he's all ears. he just stares at his wall. he patiently waits for jungkook to continue talking. he heard the younger breathes out, "how's your day?"

"shit," yoongi finally spoke. his tears started to run down his cheeks so he quickly wiped it off with the sleeve of his sweater.

"i'm sorry, tell me how can i cheer you up," jungkook said lowly. he sounded so sweet it makes yoongi feel like crying more. he started to sniff; his breath started to hitch.

"h-hey," jungkook sound panicked. "i'm seriously sorry. i didn't mean to-"

"my mom was just being a bitch," yoongi cut him off to finally tell his reason from being upset. he was hesitant earlier, but now that he's in a call with the younger, he feel safe to talk about it. he sniffs, "she argued with me when i try to talk, then she started saying shit."

"..like what?"

yoongi leans his back on his pillow, looking up to see the ceiling. his eyes beginning to burn from crying, he closes it. "that i'm not listening to her like i'm supposed to as her son, i should treat her as my mother. basically, she wanted me to just shut up because whatever she says was right."

"what did you two argue about?" jungkook asked next.

yoongi doesn't like talking about it, but he already brought up the topic. he really didn't mean to be so angry at jungkook earlier, (even though part of it was him, not that yoongi mind so much because he can tolerate the younger) must be because he was just seriously upset with his mom.

yoongi took a moment before he answer him, "it's not really a big fucking deal, but she makes it one." he sniffs, "i'm done, let's move on."

jungkook suddenly laughs. yoongi can imagine that stupid face of the younger. this just made him more irritated than ever. before he could say something, jungkook starts, "sorry, wait. okay, okay."

"don't make me drop the call," yoongi said in a threatening way. he sound so determined. in which the younger cackled.

"i'll stop, i'll stop," jungkook says in a struggle while he tries to stop his laughter. he continue with a question, "if it's not that big of a deal, then why go cryi- ?"

"one," yoongi suddenly started counting. this alarmed the younger.

"wait, wait," jungkook quickly stopped yoongi from counting before he could cut the line. yoongi grinned because of that. "based on your current state, it seems like it doesn't usually happen."

"it's the opposite," yoongi responded. "this time is just worse."

"oh, damn."

yoongi snickers because of that quick reaction. it's now his turn to ask, "are you and your dad close?"

"mm, my mom said she's like raising two kids." yoongi's laughing this time. it sounds gentle and nice. jungkook added, "stuck in a grown man's body."

"i see," yoongi finally stopped with a smile stuck in his lips. "she deserve the best mother award."

"yeah," jungkook said dryly. few seconds of silence, "so.."

he try to make another conversation to at least get yoongi cope with his mommy issues. he grins with that thought. he ask, " 'you gonna let me send you food or nah?"

"hah," yoongi scoffed playfully. he opens his eyes, "you're still at it?"

"why not?"

"humph," yoongi comfortably lay down in his bed. he face his side to see his window, "hm?"

"c'mon, why not?"

"what food are you going to give me?" yoongi asked instead of answering the younger.

coming after jungkook questioning him back, "what 'you craving for?"

few seconds of silence again. jungkook hums as he patiently waits for a response.

"something sweet," yoongi finally answered with a soft tone.

"you're talking to one right now," yoongi just sighed with that corny line. he pictured jungkook grinning like an idiot while talking behind the phone, confident smile that was so bright, so full of himself. he heard him suggest, "you want ice cream? donut? gummies?"

"all of them."

"damn," he sound amused. "you really sound like someone who's having a period," he continues before yoongi talks, "not to sound offending."

"i'm sending you the address," yoongi ignored that while sending his location.

"good."

he then heard a knock outside his door. his mom calls, "yoongi!"

"ah, i gotta go," yoongi said dryly. before he end the call, "thanks for calling, jungkook. talk to you later."

☏ call ended.