chapter 15

"Thanks for letting us practice here, Josh." Ryan thanked his friend the next day after school. Josh was letting Addy and Ryan practice their dance at his place today, since Ryan's parents were having friends over at his house, and Addy's house was being repainted.

"No problem, man." Josh replied, letting the two teenagers in before shutting the door behind them. "Oh, and Addy, Natalie's here too by the way. She's in my room, and wants to talk to you today and grill you with questions about you and Ryan or something." he told Addy, making her cheeks turn a bit red.

"Ok then." she reacted with a laugh before turning to look at Ryan. "I'm gonna go talk to Natalie for a sec, Ry. We can start practicing in a bit, alright?" she informed him.

"Ok, sounds good." Ryan reacted, smiling at her. He loved when she called him Ry.

After Addy had happily darted upstairs, Ryan and Josh just sat down on the couch, staring at whatever show was aimlessly playing on tv.

"What's Natalie doing here?" Ryan asked Josh out of nowhere.

"She's here to talk to Addy." Josh quickly replied as Ryan narrowed his eyes at him.

"I meant why is she in your room?" he questioned.

"Oh.... she was just getting a sweater to wear." Josh told him.

"From your closet?" Ryan asked with an almost amused expression.

"Well, yeah. I mean, she said she was a little chilly and she forgot to bring her sweater so I'm just letting her wear one of mine." Josh explained, rambling a bit which made Ryan give him a skeptical look. "So anyway, how did the interview go with you and Addy yesterday?" Josh said, swiftly changing the subject.

"It went really good actually. Addy did amazing, and I'm just so proud of her." Ryan expressed.

"That's good. Did the interviewers ask you anything about your relationship status? Because with the way you and Addy act around each other.... anyone could see that you two have a thing for each other." Josh pointed out, watching as Ryan's cheeks turned beet red.

"They didn't ask us anything about that, even though they did kind of hint at it because of the way we answered one if the questions...." he reluctantly admitted. "Actually, we were talking with one of the other contestants after the interview, and she assumed that Addy and I were boyfriend and girlfriend...." he trailed off, wondering why he even brought that up since he knew that Josh would probably tease him about it.

"See? I knew it! Everyone can see it. So what did Addy say? I know she probably got so nervous and denied it instantly." Josh chuckled, but Ryan shook his head.

"No, that's what I thought she was gonna do too. But she literally just said 'thank you'. She didn't correct her or anything, and when I asked her why, she said that it was because she likes the way it sounds when people refer to us as a couple." he explained, blushing even harder at the thought as he couldn't help smiling a little.

"Bro! Are you kidding me? You know what that means, right?" Josh animatedly reacted.

"What?" Ryan slowly asked.

"She wants you to ask her to be your girlfriend. That's why she said that. So you'd get the hint."

"How can you be so sure?"

"It's obvious, man. What I'm wondering is why you haven't asked her out already. You obviously both have feelings for each other? What's stopping you?"

"I don't know. I wasn't sure if she wanted me to ask her. We have so much to focus on with Dance VIP right now, I don't wanna overwhelm her." Ryan explained, feeling a little nervous talking about this.