chapter 17

Addy and Ryan decided to start early with their dance practice today. They'd been practicing for about an hour already in Ryan's garage as usual, and they were finally just now taking a little break.

Addy stood there as she watched Ryan scroll through emails on his laptop.

"Hey, do you um.... do you know what Josh is up to lately?" Addy asked out of nowhere.

Ryan shrugged. "Nothing much I guess. He said he was going to some cafe for breakfast today I think. Why?" he distractedly responded, his eyes still focused on his laptop screen.

"No reason." Addy claimed. "Who was he going to the cafe with?" she inquired.

"I don't know. Probably Natalie or Kevin or something." came Ryan's reply. He was starting to wonder why she was asking so many random questions but he didn't bother mentioning it.

Addy nodded in response before just getting quiet for a second, but eventually she had another question.

"Do you know if he's dating anyone?" she asked, trying not to sound awkward as she braced for Ryan's reply. She knew the question sounded kind of straightforward.

This time, Ryan quickly turned to look at her, forgetting about his laptop for a moment. "No, I don't think so. Why do you ask that all of a sudden?" he said, letting out a small chuckle from nerves.

"I don't know. I was just wondering if he was in a relationship already." Addy reacted, trying to sound casual.

Ryan didn't say anything as he looked down and off to the side for a moment, starting to overthink everything she was saying.

"You ok?" Addy checked.

"You're not.... into him like that, are you?" Ryan reluctantly asked her. He hated that his mind wandered to that thought, but with the way Addy was asking about Josh's relationship status it kind of worried him. He couldn't think of any other reason she'd be concerned about that.

Addy looked at him like he was crazy. "You mean Josh? No! Of course I'm not. Why'd you think that?" she instantly said, shaking her head.

"Because! You kept asking about if he's dating anybody and all that, and I don't know.... I guess that just worried me. I can barely believe that you even have feelings for me so I don't know.... I guess I thought it wasn't hard to believe that you'd be interested in someone else." Ryan admitted, feeling a little stupid.

Addy's eyes softened. "Hey.... you're the only one that I'm into like that, Ry. I don't like anyone in that way besides you." she told him as he blushed hard. Addy was blushing a little herself as well. It was true though, she didn't have romantic feelings for any other guy besides Ryan. She felt so strongly for him and no other guy was on her mind the way that he was.

"I feel the same way about you. I'm sorry that I over thought it." Ryan shyly apologized, his face beet red from her words. "So, why were you asking about Josh though?" he added, still curious.

"I was asking because.... ok, I'm not sure if I should tell you this, but I was asking because of Natalie. A couple nights ago when we slept over at Josh's place, Natalie wasn't in the guest room, and then I saw her coming out of Josh's room the next morning. So she probably slept in there, which why would she do that unless.... they're like dating or like each other or something, you know?" Addy explained to him, getting excited just thinking about it.

"Oh.... wait, you saw Natalie come out of his room? No way...." Ryan trailed off in disbelief, getting excited right along with her.

"I know right! Do you think they're dating?" Addy asked.