𝐈𝐧𝐭𝐫𝐨.

You enter the bookstore

You enter the bookstore. It has a warm and homey feel, given the warm sunlight streaming through the windows and the hanging plants over the reception desk. The store seems small, but you feel that it will grow over time. You take in the faint scent of flowers and old books. You run your fingers along the spines of the other books available for purchase. You look over to the counter, where an uninterested girl stands with her phone in hand. She's dressed in a black hoodie with black cargo pants and black boots. Around her waist is a belt. Weirdly enough, you can't make her face out. She turns to look at you, and now you see why. Her facial features are blurred out, but you can tell that her demeanor drops slightly when you approach her. "Welcome to 'Midnight's Fanfiction Corner' where all your fantasies come true. I'm the owner of this place, Midnight. How can I help you?"
.
She looks you up and down. "Let me guess. From the way you came in, you want a... 'Twisted Wonderland x Reader?'" You nod at her, and she grins. "Didn't expect to be right."

.

"You wanna know why my face is blurred? Well, it's because I can't have people on here finding out who I am, of course. Gotta maintain some form of anonymity." She looks at you disappointed, as if she expected you to know that. "However, there are a few people who know what I look like. They'll come in here sometimes to poke fun at me for the stuff I write. Yep, I wrote everything in here. Oh, and don't be surprised if something's unfinished. They update by themselves."

.

"What were we talking about again?" You remind her. "Oh yeah. Anything else you want? Maybe... a female reader?" You nod. "Gotcha. I'll see what's in stock."

.

She leads you to an aisle labeled 'X Female Reader' and directs you to the section titled 'Twisted Wonderland.'

.

"Go on, take your pick. Just hurry it up, I have things to do." She snaps at you impatiently and sighs.

.

You pick one up, looking at the cover before setting it back on the shelf and looking to her for guidance.

.

"Oh, you want my opinion? Well, I like this one. It's not finished yet, but it updates now and then. I'm very proud of it." She gets happier that you asked for her help, from what you can tell.

.

She hands you the book, and you look it over. It seems to be a 'Mitsuri Reader.'

.

You read the summary on the back and you skim over the first page.

.

"Is that the one you want?"

.

You nod

.

"Very well. That will be $12.99. Follow me to the register, and I'll ring you up."

.

You pay for the book and return home, pulsing with excitement to read it. You question why the book is so expensive, but dismiss it eventually. Many other questions enter your mind, such as 'How will this update by itself?' And 'What's the return policy on this?'

.

You crack open the book, feeling a strange sensation.

.

A tingling overcomes your entire body.

.....
....
...
..
.

"Ah shit, I forgot to tell the reader about... never mind."

.

Midnight looks at the reader. Her face is unblurred for a second, and you can finally see that she has-

.

"You thought I would tell you?"