04 | First Days

No POV + Time skip 5 years

Bella was now 5 years old, and today is her first day of school. She had grown to be very smart and independent, but she had a sassy side to her. I wonder where she got it from. She's also a jokester, like me.

"Where's my little star? Oh hyungs, you're here?" Beomgyu said, as he looked towards his front door once it opened. He gave Soobin an extra key, just in case, and of course Yeonjun would lose it. The couple was still going strong after 7 years.

"Of course, we couldn't miss our little niece's first day of school. Who do you think we are?" Yeonjun said proudly as he sat down on the couch in the living room. Soobin nodded his head in agreement and opened his mouth to say something when-

"APPA, I'M READYY!!" Bella ran out her room with a cute outfit on. Some blue overalls over a white t-shirt, with white ankle socks that had lace on the top. Her white vans and blue hair clips went perfectly with the rest of her outfit and she had pigtails to top it all off.

"You look beautiful Bella! I can't believe my little star is all grown up" Beomgyu says, wiping fake tears from his eyes. Bella giggles bubbly at the comment. "Why don't you go eat the breakfast I made for you"

Then, a text message goes to his phone. "Ah shoot. Hyungs, can you take Bella to school? Something came up at work" Beomgyu says and the aforementioned 'hyungs' stare at him in shock. "What do you mean? It's Bella's first day at school, you can't miss it" Soobin says, and Bella looks up from her meal. 

"You mean, you're leaving now?" Bella had spent every moment with her dad. She thought he'd stay there, but the sad truth is, he was just on paternity leave for the time being.

"I'm sorry hun, I wish I could stay, but, appa needs to go to work. Luckily, school isn't too far from here, so you'll walk just past the park near the library" Beomgyu says, trying to lighten the mood.

"It's okay appa, I understand. I'll see you later" Bella says with the best smile she could muster. She did understand, but it still upset her. She thought that she could at least visit the park before school with her uncles, but they had to leave mid-way through the walk. She knew she'd be okay, though. Most everybody knew her, and she knew everybody else as well.

Almost everybody.