01: Past

Kai shouted, "How do we go back!?" Yuta chuckles at Kai's panic state

Kai shouted, "How do we go back!?" Yuta chuckles at Kai's panic state. "Calm down, do you bring any money on you? I left my wallet at the bridge with the bag," Naoya pulled out his wallet and showed it to Yuta.

Kai did the same. Yuta and Naoya stared at Kai's wallet. "Did you rob a bank?" Yuta asked. Kai stared at him sharply. "No! It's my allowance for this month!" It looked like an allowance for years, though. Naoya and Yuta thought

"Uncle is rich," Yuta mumbled. "Well, our financials are on you now, Kai-chan." Kai nodded. "I'll pay you when we get back," Yuta said. Kai made an okay sign.

"If we really go back to the past, that doesn't mean a lot of things will change, right?" Yuta mumbled. Kai shook his head. "What if we go back 26 years ago!? Does this mean we'll meet our father?" Kai said.

Yuta hummed. "That's... gonna be fun," Kai sweatdropped. "Naoya! Make him realize that this is something ba- not you too, Naoya!" Kai shouted as he saw Naoya's face brighten.

Kai sighed. "Let's find a place to stay first, then we can think about it tomorrow," Kai said, earning nods from his two friends. "How about we stay at Izuna homestay? Their hotel is cheap, and the old man is really nice," Naoya chimed.

"Will that homestay even exist? We don't even know if we really go back 23 years ago," Yuta said. "The hotel has been open for 50 years. I'm sure they already exist," Naoya said.

"Then, lead the way, Nao-chan."

─.★..─

They gawked at the beautiful scene of the town. "It more peaceful." Yuta mumble as he feel small breeze pass him. "Agree." Naoya say.

"Kitty~" Kai called a kitty who now rubbing at his pant. "Cute." He murmur while pulling out a meat stick which he always bought with him and feed the kitty.

Naoya point at one hotel, "That's." Kai and Yuta looked at a shabby old hotel. "It may looked shabby but insides is something else." Naoya say. The trio walked in the hotel, "Sorry to bother, is anyone here?" Yuta say.

A old woman in her fifty walked out from a room, she smiled, "What can I help you?" They smiled back at the old woman, "Uhm, is there empty room in this hotel? We would like to get one with three bed if there any, Ma'am."

The old woman smiled, "Sure there one and please just called me Ichinose. People around here called me that." They nodded. "So how many day do you guys want to stay?" Naoya and Kai stare at Yuta, sign for him to took the lead.

Yuta nodded understand, "Well, it a bit personal reason actually. Uhm our parents kinda on bad term right now, so maybe we'll stay a bit longer. Don't worry, ofcourse we'll paying!" Yuta say adding a sad tones in his word making Ichinose stare at them, pity.

"Don't worry. We actually got discount for highschool student. Please wait here, I'll get the room ready." Naoya and Kai give him a thumbs up. "I feel bad lying to Ichinose-san." Yuta say.

A guilt appear on their heart but it can't be help they can't just reveal that they're from the future. "Kid, follow me." Ichinose say which make the trio follow her.

They woah at the room, it was wide and got three bed, the room even have study table for each of them plus the bathroom. "Thank you Ichinose-san." The trio say while bowing at Ichinose who just shaked it off. "Can I know how much it cost?" Kai asked.

"Let talk at the counter." Ichinose say, Kai nodded. "Sure." As Kai leave to pay, Naoya and Yuta seat on the bed. "Tired." Yuta mumble before fall down on to the bed.

"Do you have your identity card? It would be bad if we run into police and they ask for it." Naoya asked. Yuta pulled out a wallet, "Aren't your wallet at the bridge?" Naoya question.

"I have two wallet, one is for cash and that one I leave it at the bridge and this is where I put all my card here. I trying to find card holder but nothing pique my interesting, all the design is ugly." Yuta say.

"Good then." Naoya say. The two stay silence waiting for Kai, "Nao-chan, do you think we can took out money from the ATM? I mean if the river connect us to the past, aren't ATM will too?"

Naoya shaked his head at Yuta question, "Let try it tomorrow then." Naoya say. The door opened reveal Kai, "Go shower and rest." Kai say.

"Got any cloth for me?" Yuta asked. Kai nodded and pulled out a small bag. "Woah, you really prepared. I guess that's why you bag is heavy." Yuta say.

"Shut up and go take shower!" Kai say. Yuta hummed before obediently almost enter the bathroom, he stop. Kai let out of frustrated groan while Naoya stare at them waiting for a show.

"Are you guys the only one who jump in the river?"

-continue-