8

It was very quiet. Childe was sitting across from Zhongli. The tension in the room was tight and uncomfortable.
Childe's hands were balled in fists, resting on his knees, he was hunched over, staring at the ground as the other man's eyes punctured holes into him.
He couldn't even move, let alone make a sound. He told Zhongli he'd confess but nothing was coming out. He was so fucked.
His body was resorting to all of his training. The years he spent being shaped into the perfect weapon. He couldn't break it, but he felt Zhongli's patience wearing thin.
He wished he could just die right now.

"I don't have all night. Childe."
The older man spoke bitterly, his arms and legs crossed. His posture still and straight. Gritting his teeth. He was getting very irritated.

Everytime Childe went to speak he just choked on air.
As another minute passed, he saw both of Zhongli's feet meet the ground as he stood from his seat. Hesitantly he looked up slowly. Met with a deadly glare, the presence looming over him made him choke back his words even more.

"There's no time for this. I see you've decided your fate." Zhongli said, his voice was quiet but not relaxed.
He turned and went to the bedroom door, where he opened it, called for his most appreciated, Xiao. As Hu Tao was busy at the moment. And of course Xiao responded immediately.
Coming up the stairs.

Childe pieced it together right away, standing hurriedly from his seat, looking around the room for anything.
His eyes darted over Zhongli's desk. What a mistake it was placing Childe in his office.
The young man rushed over, ripping open a drawer. Having memorized everything in the room when he was left in here alone. This was where Zhongli kept his scissors.
Digging through the pile of objects before Zhongli could react. He found them. A smile automatically plaguing the gingers face.
A warm sensation washing over his body, feeling happiness for the first time weeks.

But it didn't last long, looking over he noticed how quickly Zhongli was approaching him, looking even more angry than before. But of course that made sense.
His body acted quickly. He hadn't been able to properly use it for so long, he was just seeping with adrenaline. Holding the black and orange scissors firmly in his palms he saw how Xiao appeared at the door.
He was absolutely fucked, no doubt about it. But there was no reason not to try.

His attention drawing back to the older man who was right in front of him now.

Childe took the chance, swinging as fast and hard as he could at the older man.
When he wasn't drugged mindless, Childe was a very strong person, and his stamina was crazy.

He honestly wasn't expecting to hit anything but to his surprise, he was met with a warm liquid covering his hand and a groan from the man he swung at.
Fully taking the scene in, he had stabbed into Zhongli's left forearm. The dark liquid staining the older man's rolled up, button up white sleeves.
He had blocked the attack from his neck, but it seemed that this wasn't his first time being penetrated by a blade. For he faltered a bit before moving his other hand to reach at Childe. But the younger man ducked, Zhongli was much slower now, but that wasn't going to last long.

Childe quickly fell the ground, crouching low as he pushed past Zhongli, making him stumble.
Childe hurried across the floor and there was Xiao, but Childe didn't waste any time body slamming Xiao. He didn't have time for this, but he wasn't sure what else to do. Taking the man down. He was going to give at least one punch, but throwing his weight on top of the much smaller man seemed to be enough for a second. So he started to run again, looking back as he opened the door, watching Zhongli rip the scissors from his arm, blood spewing out the wound.
Childe cringed at the sight but shook it off and turned back around, rushing through the door.

He could hear Xiao and Zhongli behind him as he stumbled down the stairs, skipping a few steps, hitting the landing hard.
His knees gave out, haven't had used his body like this in a while, it was painful to say the least.
He groaned but forced himself up. Hurriedly going to the front door, struggling to unlock it for a moment but soon he got it, and he finally got outside.
The fresh air was suffocating almost.
And it was cold. He could see his breath.