1

I have wanted to be in the olympics since i was little. I remember watching the figure skaters for the first time and being mesmerized by the dresses and the spins. I have been training since i was five and this year could be the year. But my time is divided between training and being a part of a new movie. 

They needed an ice skater. A young one with experience. Probably to make up for this poor child actors lack there of. They hired me and my coach to train him and shoot the scenes with him. Today was the first day i was meeting this kid i had stalked his socials and talked to my coach. As i parked my car outside the rink i grabbed my skates out. It was 80 degrees outside and i looked like i was dressed for -12. 

I heard some kid laugh. "geez are you coming from Antartica?" I roll my eyes at the comment and look him up and down. I smirk it is the actor im working with. 

"no im planning on skating something it seems like you arent planning on doing." i say looking at his t-shirt and shorts before walking inside. I heard my coach talking to someone as a lace up my skates after completing a quick warm up. They walk over to me as i finish tying my last skate.

"Sophia i want you to meet Mason." she says. I stand up and smile but my eyes show its more of a smirk then a genuine smile. 

"We already met in the parking lot." i say. He is taller than me my head comes up just past his shoulder. He has a jacket on now but still just shorts. "Im going to warm up a few laps on the ice if thats ok?" I ask my coach. She nods her head still talking to Mason.

I skate around a couple of circles getting used to the ice here before working on a few jumps. My coach is still talking and i decide to run for the routine im going to do at the olympic qualifiers. When i finish out of breath Mason and my coach are watching i skate over.

"You need to push yourself more if you actually want to qualify if its getting to easy i will make it harder this isnt some child's game." she says to me. "i train champions not qualifiers that routine might get you in but it wont get you far." I nod my head. "Lets get mason on the ice."

I push of the wall just past the entrance to the rink and stop myself before getting too far. "You ready Thames?"

"oh come on how hard can it be?" he says cockily and i just smile. He puts one foot out and thinks he has his balance before putting his other foot down he instantly wobbles and falls on his butt. I laugh before my coach tells me to help him up. He stands up and gains his balance. 

"hold on to the wall and use it to support you." i tell him. He ignores me and tries to move his feet and eats it again. "That wouldnt have happened if you listened to me." I help him back up and this time he shoots me a glare before grabbing onto the wall for balance. I offer him my hand and he takes it. "Do little stomps first dont try to glide or push off it doesnt need to look pretty right now it just needs to work." I say and demonstrate for him. He follows my lead. After a little bit I take back my hand he wobbles a bit but doesnt fall. He completes a whole lap on his own with just help from the wall every now and then. "Now you just have to get it in a striaght line across the rink. The first few times he falls but on his fifth try he gets across. 

"Thats enough for today" My coach hollers and Mason heads to the exit of the ring. Once they leave I start practicing my qualifiers routine again and again and again. It needs to be perfect I land spin after spin stunt after stunt. The music plays in my head as i practice. I was going to qualify i was going to win. I am going to make myself proud.