Entry 1, My Very First Entry

There is a saying outside of the Domain that nothing is written in stone, which we Zora would find amusing, considering our works are written in stone. Though it is hard to fix a mistake once you etch a word into the stone, those words would remain until an external force destroys them. That is the reason why we write down our history in stone monuments, so the knowledge of our history will last for future generations.

It is with that I create my very own personal journal, in the hopes that if a royal Zora were to find it in the future, especially in a time of trouble, they will find some comfort in my words. I am Prince Sidon, and I have lived during the entirety of The Great Calamity. It was a time full of strife, and many lives were lost during the conflict. I have even lost my very own sister during the war. Her name was Mipha, and she was my oldest sister. She was the pride of the Zora, and she was the best healer out of all of us, including myself. She had a heart more bright than luminous stone, and the voice of a songbird.

I remember when I would get wrapped up in some mess, whether it was with an octorok, or accidentally getting hurt during my spear training, she would always comfort me, with both her words and her healing abilities. When I was especially frustrated with myself, Mipha would lull me with her singing. I remember when I was younger, I would always try to mimic her singing, which always got a laugh out of Mipha. I think after so long practicing, however, that I finally got it. If it was possible to demonstrate my singing capabilities through my writing, I would, but unfortunately, I do not believe there is a way that I can show you, whomever may possess this journal one day. At least not right now.

If you struggle with something, whether it be spear training or healing, just know that it takes time to earn mastery and that some Zora take longer than others. It does not make you any less than. Those are the words Mipha would always tell me when I felt I could never get it right. I know there is a lot of stress for us royal zora to be the best, but beating yourself down will only cause you to sink.

Have hope, have faith, and keep practicing, no matter what anyone says. One day, you will get it right, you will succeed! I believe in you!