Entry 3, Not all Growth Spurts Are Equal

Yes, the lesson no one wanted to sit through. I know, but I promise I will try and keep it simple, alright?

Not every Zora gets taller at the same amount of time as each other, even if they are related. Especially if you are a royal, if you have not experienced your growth spurt yet, expect it to shock you.

I used to be the smallest Zora in the Domain, for the longest time. Now, I am the second tallest Zora, with the first being my father, King Dorephan. I remember always lamenting about when I would finally get taller, when the older Zora would finally take me seriously. I was already fifty years old, and everyone still treated me like the little kid prince since I still had yet to get my height. Those years were the worst for me, since the advisor and my father would still treat me like a kid when I clearly haven't been for at least thirty years. It's awful, but it does not last forever.

One day, I woke up, and I was as tall as the average male Zora. I thought that would be it for me, that I finally got my height. But unknowingly for me, my growth spurt had just started. I continued to grow taller, and taller, until I am as tall as I am today. If you experience such a growth spurt, expect to feel some pain in your back and in your legs, since the rapid height gain takes it's toll on you. It is nothing a good healing session cannot fix, but you might be tempted to limp while tending to your duties, since they stop for nothing. This too does not last forever, so just hang on!

If you are a female, however... Then do not expect to be as tall as the average female Zora. You still could be, or even taller, but apparently in our family line, the female Zora tend to be much shorter than the males. I am not sure why, but I bet you would not have to expect as much back and leg pain as I had. I am so happy to be older than a century now. So much time has passed that I barely remember the agony now, not to mention the strangeness of my voice becoming so different out of nowhere. If you are singer, like me, do not fret, for it will not effect your singing, as long as you keep up with it. It will just make you sound a bit different!