Entry 6, The First Day Of Lessons

You perhaps recall the first time you have ever learned a skill for the first time. I know I certainly have, and it was rather... less than ideal. My tutors were always hard on me, and I often never got anything on the first try, not even something as simple as ballroom dancing. It was always Mipha who helped me get a handle on these lessons, since my tutors were never any good for me.

They were always so coarse, and I found myself shrinking always in their presence as a minnow. It was those times I was glad I was small. Sometimes when they went off on a tangent, I was able to hide behind one of the pillars and look elsewhere to block it. It never feels good when you're critiqued for every little thing that you do, and that is the fate of us royal Zora at this time.

It is why when I was teaching (Y/n) how to swim tonight, I made sure to take a personable approach with her. I did not want her to feel as if I was judging her for her inability to swim. I wanted her to feel like I was her friend, someone she could trust in.

It is strange, though, how she has come to have such an inability as a Zora. We are born swimming, so did she perhaps have an issue where she could not lift her head with her tail, causing her to sink?

Either way, it is an issue I want to address as delicately and tactfully as possible. She just moved here, and I want her adjustment here to be a relaxing experience.

You may not know this, but it is not all that unusual for royal Zora to be afflicted with strange ailments or to be born different than the usual Zora. Take myself, for instance. My crest is the shape of a hammerhead, but my family has no known history of anyone else having it.

Then there is our famed ancestor, Princess Ruto... She too was said to have a peculiar crest, though not shaped like mine, and eyes the color of a purple rupee. It is all very peculiar, and it makes me curious about what my children would look like one day.

Oh, I am getting off topic here. The point is, though it is not unusual for us royal Zora to be different from our people, it IS unusual for (Y/n), since she claims she is not a princess.

No matter, I still plan to teach her how to swim, or my name is not Sidon!