we haven't much time...

Klaus's body jerked upright, his lungs gasping for air as if he had been submerged in the depths of a turbulent sea

Klaus's body jerked upright, his lungs gasping for air as if he had been submerged in the depths of a turbulent sea. His heart pounded relentlessly, a primal drumbeat echoing in his ears. Beads of sweat traced erratic paths down his forehead, their path illuminated by the flickering light of uncertainty. Confusion etched deep furrows across his face, a reflection of the disarray within his mind.

Disoriented and disheveled, Klaus found himself abruptly torn from the comforting embrace of reality. Instead, he was thrust into a realm of suffocating darkness—the Void. It enveloped him like a predatory beast, its ebony tendrils threatening to crush his very essence. Panic clawed at his chest, its icy grip threatening to consume him whole, as he struggled to navigate the disorienting abyss.

In this void, where light dared not tread, Klaus's sense of self teetered on the precipice of oblivion. The weight of the unknown pressed upon him, suffusing the air with a tangible unease. Yet, he refused to surrender to the overwhelming despair that threatened to engulf him. With every fiber of his being, he fought against the encroaching shadows, seeking a glimmer of hope amidst the relentless darkness.

As Klaus's eyes adjusted to the inky abyss, a sudden jolt of disorientation coursed through Klaus's veins as a door materialized before him, its presence both unexpected and eerily beckoning. With trembling hands, he reached out and turned the handle, his breath catching in his throat as the portal swung open, revealing a sight that sent a shiver down his spine.

Stepping through the threshold, Klaus found himself transported within the familiar walls of the Umbrella Academy. But it was a distorted reflection of the place he once called home. The colored hues that once adorned the halls had faded, drained of life and replaced by a veil of desolation. The once bustling academy now stood in silent abandonment, its corridors stretching out like a maze of forgotten memories. It was in this moment that he came to the realization of where he was.

As Klaus traversed the colorless and dull surroundings, a sense of foreboding settled deep within him. The air felt heavy, pregnant with the weight of lingering secrets and unspoken sorrows. Shadows danced on the walls, casting haunting figures that seemed to whisper tales of the past. It was a place caught between reality and a twisted realm of unreality—a twisted reflection of the life that once pulsed through the academy's veins.

His footsteps echoed with a hollow resonance as Klaus ventured further into the heart of the academy. The emptiness gnawed at his soul, aching with a yearning for the vitality that had been stolen away. But then, a flicker of hope emerged amidst the gloom as he stumbled upon Ben's room, a place where laughter and camaraderie had once thrived.

An instinctive desire to reconnect with the ghostly presence of his departed brother compelled Klaus to reach for the doorknob. But as his fingers closed around the cool metal, a wave of resistance met him. The door refused to yield, as if guarding a truth that lay beyond its threshold. Klaus's brow furrowed in frustration and longing, his heart heavy with the weight of loss.