Chapter 2~ It's All For the Best

It was the day after my parents had told me that we're moving to California. My alarm clock buzzed, but I had already been up for hours. I felt so terrible about what I was going to do to Nico today. He would be so hurt. I was already hurting.

But much to my surprise, I was actually excited to be moving to California. LA has lots of beautiful sights to see, and the weather is supposed to be gorgeous. I got a nice camera for my birthday last year and I had become a decent photographer. I was excited to do some beach photography.

The only thing I was nervous about was being in a new place, with no friends. And since I had no siblings, I would be alone most of the time. Even though I'm an introvert, I love all my friends and being around them. I just hope I can make more friends.

My alarm clock continued to buzz. I groaned and got up. I had already done my hair and makeup a few hours ago, since I was up. I didn't want to miss the bus, so I headed downstairs, ate breakfast, brushed my teeth, and headed out the door.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

It was 2:15, school had just gotten out. I had avoided Nico all day because of how nervous I was. But now it was time to talk to him. I walked around outside the school, looking for him. After a few minutes of searching, I saw him. I walked over to him and he smiled and waved.

"Nico, I need to talk to you." I said. He looked at me. He was trying to hide his nervousness, but I could see it in his eyes.

"You can tell me anything, babe." He said with a serious tone.

"Well.." I said, choking up, "My parents told me yesterday, we are moving to California." I now had tears streaming down my face. Nico engulfed me in a warm hug. He didn't let go.

"We're moving at the end of this week." I said into his chest. He hugged me tighter and kissed the top of my head. I pulled away from him and looked at him, and only then did I realize he was crying too.

"I'm going to miss you so much." He said.

"I know. I'm going to miss you so much. But I don't want a long distance relationship, it's not fair to you. So I think we should break up."

Nico didn't look surprised. Instead of saying anything, he grabbed my waist and pulled me in for a passionate kiss.

"I understand. But I had to do that, I just don't want you to forget me," he said with his arms still around my waist.

"I will never forget you. I promise." I held his hands in mine and kissed his nose. Our faces were both still soaked with tears.

"I love you, Layla. I always will."
"I know, I will always love you too."

We kissed one last time, and then we both had to go. I knew in my soul I would never forget him, as long as I live.