Chapter 1

Holly's pov

I rushed through the main door and hurried inside, but I was stopped by a blonde girl."Wait! What's your name?" She said in a rushed yet polite manner. "Uh, holly hills." I replied gasping for breath.

I was completely breathless from all the rushing. I found myself running late this morning for an interview at this company. It had been a long time since I had gotten an interview opportunity, so I couldn't afford to let it slip away.

The blonde girl abruptly snapped her fingers in front of my face, jolting me out of my daze. "Excuse me, do you have an appointment?" she asked, her voice sweet and not intending to sound rude. "Y-yes, I have an interview as holly hills," I stammered, feeling nervous.
Did I come on the wrong day?
I wondered to myself.

I was starting to consider myself stupid for reaching here on the wrong day but the blonde suddenly spoke up after searching through her register file "oh! There you are hills, holly", she said with a smile. I nodded as a response. "You may step into the elevator and reach the 46th floor where you'll find mr.styles' office, best of luck for your interview", she was really sweet and polite.
Maybe I could be friends with her?

Lost in my reverie about the encounter with the blonde receptionist, I inadvertently selected the 45th floor in the elevator. Unaware of my mistake, I disembarked and hurriedly searched for Mr. Styles' office to no avail. Exhausted, I approached a gentleman and inquired about the location. "Oh you're on the wrong floor miss, mr.styles' office is on the 46th floor" he said in a polite manner.My eyes widened in shock as the realization hit me
Oh my god I am so late! There's no way I can make it in time.

"Are you new here?" the man asked, interrupting my thoughts. "Yes, it's my interview day and I'm running late," I replied anxiously. "Don't worry! I hope you get the job," he said with a reassuring smile. I returned the gesture, bid him goodbye, and hurried back to the elevator.

Breathless, I finally arrived at Mr. Styles' office, which wasn't particularly challenging to locate unless you happened to be on the incorrect floor. Without hesitation, I knocked on the polished hardwood door and promptly received a muffled "come in". Wasting no time, I stepped inside to behold a man with curly hair seated behind an expensive desk. His gaze remained fixed upon the computer screen, his forehead adorned with a slight frown.

As I found myself amazed by his beauty, I suddenly became aware of his discomfort, signaled by a subtle clearing of his throat. "And you are...?" he inquired, his voice carrying a rasp, while his confident green eyes shimmered. "Um, I-I'm holly hills. I'm here for an interview," I stammered, my words tinged with uncertainty.
Shit I'm already messing things up!

"I must express my disappointment, Ms. Hills. You were expected to arrive 30 minutes ago," he stated, his voice laced with frustration. "Yes, I acknowledge that, but I mistakenly ended up on the wrong floor and struggled to locate your office." I stated nervously. "Well, that is not my concern, Ms. Hills. I have a strong aversion to tardiness, and it is evident that you are not a suitable candidate." He responded with a calm demeanor and  shifted his attention back to the computer screen. "You may now take your leave," he declared firmly, his gaze still fixed on the screen.

As I swung open the door, my dwindling hope completely shattered, only to be replaced by a pair of familiar brown eyes that belonged to none other than my brother, Cole!
What on earth is he doing here?
I pondered, a smile spreading across my face at the sight of him after such a long time. Despite living in the same city, he always seemed too occupied to pay me a visit.

"Oh, hey holly!" my brother exclaimed cheerfully, flashing a flawless smile. I stood there, utterly bewildered and shocked. "What are you doing here?" he casually inquired. Before I could respond, a deep, husky voice interrupted, "You know her?" Mr. Styles asked, his expression mirroring my own astonishment. "Of course, she's my sister," Cole replied, smiling in my direction. A small smile crept onto my face as well.

"Indeed," Mr. Styles remarked, a touch perplexed. "Ah, you see, she is my stepsister, but to me, she is just like a biological sister," Cole responded, a warm smile gracing his face. His eloquence in expressing his emotions is truly touching.

"By the way what is my little sister doing in your office, styles?", Cole inquired playfully. "Oh your sister is here for a job interview" mr.styles stated while casting me a disapproving glare

I really hoped Mr. Styles wouldn't tell my brother about me being late. I never want to let him down. He's always been there for me, giving me things my parents sometimes forget. He's the sunshine in my life, and I never want to disappoint him.

"Well, all the best for your interview holly, I gotta go see you soon styles", Cole gave me a tight lipped smile with a quick thumbs up before he left, leaving behind an awkward yet thick silence. Mr styles was going through some papers which seemed to look like my resume. Suddenly he looked up and met my confused eyes.
So, am I getting the job? I wondered

"Well, since you're my best friend's sister, I've decided to give you another chance," Mr. Styles said, raising his eyebrows. I found it difficult to form a sentence as I felt intimidated by his gaze scanning over my body. "But," he continued sternly, "as a punishment, you'll need to be 15 minutes early from now on. Consider this your final warning. If you mess up again, I won't hesitate to have you removed from this building." His words made me gulp down the hesitation in my throat.

"Y-yes", I stammered. "Ok, you start Monday morning exactly at 8:00 a.m. I'd like to remind you I like punctuality, do not make this hard for yourself", Mr styles once again said with a stern voice.

'I understand, and I apologize,' I replied, making a conscious effort to avoid stumbling over my words. With that, he refocused his attention on his screen, his brow furrowing.

Personally, I had anticipated that Mr. Styles, like other CEOs who had interviewed me, would be older and heavier in build. To my surprise, he possessed a certain charm, even though he came across as rather unpleasant. I'm certain that many women would be eager to date him. I won't deny that if he weren't my boss, I might consider dating him because of his attractive appearance; after all, I am only human.

"What are you looking at? Leave," Mr.styles said harshly snapping me out of my thoughts. It turns out I had been staring at him the entire time while lost in my own thoughts. His face almost turned red as I continued to stand in his office, and it seemed like he might burst out at any moment. It was clear that I had overstayed my welcome, so I left as soon as I could and released a sigh of relief as soon as I got out of that stifling office.