chapter 2

luke bit his tongue as he hummed softly, his fingers dancing across his keyboard as he typed a short message to calum. he huffed and set the phone down beside him, his heart racing for some reason.

he heard a ding not long after he sent the text, smiling when he saw cal replied.

"yeah, i'll be over in 5. xx" he wrote, although luke didn't bother replying. he stood up and ran to the mirror in the corner of the room, pouting when he saw his hair was all messed up.

luke was attired in light grey sweatpants and a regular white t-shirt, quickly adding a dark grey beanie to tame his hair.

he didn't want to look like trash in front of calum, for fuck's sake cal was the boy boys wanted to be and girls wanted to be with. luke was legitimately surprised calum agreed.

the two met at one of ashton's parties, but it was much smaller than the one michael went to that night.

calum makes luke nervous because the night they met, cal was passing by luke. he tripped over some drunk girl's shoe and fell right onto luke's lap, making luke blush from head to toe.

after calum stood up and apologized, luke uncomfortably put a pillow on his lap for he had gotten a boner.

the memory still shocks luke. getting a boner from a boy sounds ridiculous.

he shook his head from his thoughts of that night when he heard three knocks on the door. he quickly stood up, wiping his hands on his pants nervously as he made his way to the door.

"hey, luke." calum smiled, and boy, his smile was contagious. luke smiled, stepping aside to let him in. he shut the door and leaned his back against it as he looked at cal.

"hey. why didn't you go to ash's party?" he asked softly, biting his lip as he went to go sit on the couch.

"not in the mood to have a bunch of bad-breath-smelling girls touching my dick." he shrugged, taking a seat besides luke. the small joke made luke laugh, and he turned his body so he was facing calum. "why aren't you?"

luke bit his lip as he stared down at his hands, feeling his cheeks warm up. he hesitated to say the truth, but decided to anyways.

"wasn't invited." he put on a fake smile, he didn't want to act like a wimp about a party in front of this boy.

his eyes went up to see if calum was silently laughing at him, but he wasn't. he was actually frowning.

"the only reason i go is because of you. you entertain me, you make everyone laugh, its a shame ashton will not be having that tonight." calum spoke, and luke covered his face with his hands. his face felt hot, and he was almost positive it was bright red.

calum took luke's hands and pulled them off, and luke thought he felt butterflies when the boy touched him.

'no luke. you like girls. he likes girls. you're probably hungry.' he mentally told himself, squeezing his eyes shut before opening them again.

"i know you might not realize it, but i really wanna be close friends with you. is that okay?" calum's voice was soft, and luke has never heard him talk that way to someone. he sounded sincere.

luke just nodded, chewing on his bottom lip as his mind raced. he then huffed before wrapping his arms around calum and pulling him into a tight hug.

calum didn't pull away like luke thought, instead he pulled him closer.

when the two finally pulled away, luke smirked when he saw calum's cheeks were a light pink.

luke faced the television, leaning forward and grabbing the remote. he huffed and slumped his shoulders, surfing through the channels and found nothing.

he then came across some scary movie, but luke doesn't do scary movies so he skipped it. calum had other plans.

"wait! go back!" calum almost shouted, inched up to the edge of the cushions. he squinted at the tv, and luke pouted at him.

"if we watch this i will end up shivering in your lap by the time it is over." luke threatened, raising his eyebrow at the boy before skipping the movie again.

"lukey."

luke looked over at calum, no one has ever called him that before. the name made his heart melt.. almost.

"calumy." luke teased, making calum stop pouting and smile.

"shut up loser. turn it on." calum then took the remote from luke, making him whine and cross his arms. cal went back to the movie he wanted, then pressed play.

-

five minutes into the movie luke was shaking. he had his knees pulled to his chest and he aggressively bit his lip, squeezing his eyes shut every so often.

he felt movement besides him; calum was moving closer to him. the thought made his heart race, and he mentally yelled at himself for letting it happen.

calum gently wrapped an arm around luke, pulling him down a bit. luke's head was in cal's lap and he gently ran his fingers through his hair, making the boy hum.

luke then wondered why this was even happening. why was the boy who could get any girl he wanted be with a boy like luke, stroking his hair while watching a movie? it didn't seem right, luke almost thought that cal was joking and didn't actually want to be friends.

he frowned, glancing up at the screen just in time for a jump scare. he jumped and then whimpered softly, covering his face with his hand.

luke could feel calum laugh, but it wasn't in a mocking way because after he mumbled 'aw'.

cal kept toying with luke's hair, and the gesture made him sleepy. it was only nine o clock the last time he checked the time, so now it should be almost ten. ten was early for him.

luke yawned, and shortly after calum did as well.

-

halfway into the movie, luke finally fell asleep. calum didn't notice at first until he realized the tall boy didn't jump at the jump scares like he did before.

he was tired too, and didn't feel like driving home. he gently picked up luke's head, setting it back down on the couch.

he crawled beside luke, since he was still facing the screen. calum liked holding something while he slept, so the boy must have to work for now.

calum basically spooned luke, his arm going around his waist and held onto him.

"hope you don't mind." calum whispered, but to himself as he closed his eyes.

"i don't mind at all."