3.

《I wanna meet myself from another person's point of view and experience my own energy.》
                                     ~notthatgrl_astrid~

Ka'ior Don

■■■

He was a tattoed 6'4 feet guy with curly hair, slightly long but not too long with a body of a Greek god.

It took me a close look to see those eyes. God those hazel eyes. I think I starred too long because when his eyes met mine, I knew he wasn't just a normal guy...he looked like he owned the place, and honestly it got me curious.

The guard removed the handcuffs and I got in my 'new home'. It was a simple darkly painted room, with a mideum sized bed and a toilet. I noticed it was a bank-bed so I figured I had a roomie.

It was all I needed, the furniture seemed old but it was fine by me. After I took in every simple detail of my room, the guard whose name I assumed was Keith told me he'll be back in a bit to introduce me to the rest of the hood.

I decided to take my shoes off plus I was in all orange now, and I must admit I look horrible in orange. I stayed there lost in my own thoughts and clouded by emotions. I hate feeling sorry for myself but I just can't help it right now.

And that's when it all came back...

Flashback'''

Today was such a chilly day and it was nothing close to a normal day in May. It was nearly summer and it was way too cold in Brooklyn.

I was done with work at the local club that I work in downtown. As usual, I took the subway, though I could easily walk home, I just decided  to take the subway anyway. My mind kept going back to the last customers at the club earlier.

This guy named Dante Decruz introduced  himself to me but in a very very unprofessional way. He was flirty if I may say.

He's a white guy of American race, he looked half Italian too. The green eyes that screamed danger, sharp jaw, long hair tied at the back, with a 6'2 feet height, he looked pretty dangerous to me.

Dwayne, my boss, told me to stay away from this Dante guy though he looked harmless...seems like he knew more and the two got some bad blood between them. It made it more confusing.

As I made my way to a wooden bench in the subway, I remembered what my Aunt Timaya used to tell me about dark Italian souls. She once told me that Italians mostly engage in drug dealing and mafia stuff...well not until I got involved too.

I needed more money anyway. Ever since I got employed at the local club, I got involved in drug business, and this was after I got really close to Dwayne. He's the only fatherly  figure I've ever had.

Dwayne Washington, the owner of the local bar I work in. Terminated university professor at Brooklyn High University. Been through military back in the days. Rich as fuck, but acts lowkey as hell. He's also the main coordinator of NorthWest band, that also deals with drugs.

The guys in the band play in concerts to reduce the public questions on how they get so rich...but that's a story for another time.

I was so deep and lost in my memory lane, I heard faded voices coming from a distance, and that's when I remembered what really brought me here.

Dwayne asked me to make a quick deal with some guys from the Russian mafia. Just a few bags of cock, nothing much. So I figured my clients were here. But what I didn't know was that, it was all a trap.

"You Dwayne's girl?" The oddly built guy with a hoarse deep voice said as he got closer.

"This is she." I replied confidently making them know who was incharge here.  "Aye, let's make this quick. Get me the bags." The same guy said while his friend remained silent.

"Get me my cash first." I said playing along. "Feisty much, I like it." The other guy said, speaking for the first time since he came. He looked taller, and his skin-tone was a shade darker from mine.  His voice had more authority compared to the other guy.

"Its cash for cocaine and not the other way round, so come on give me my money dickhead." I cursed sounding bored already.

The guys looked at each other and they both smirked and shrugged. "If you insist" the first guy threw a big bag and when I opened it I counted the money and signed in satisfaction.

I did the same, threw the small bags of cocaine encaged on a bigger one on the floor and left.

And then I heard it. Police sirens and my phone ringing. Checking the caller ID, it was Tanisha.

I couldn't run, couldn't hide or do anything at the moment. All I could really think of is how Dwayne could have played me, but this can't be him for real. Or maybe...

That's when it clicked!

This was his plan. And by him I mean Dante Decruz. That sucker. But the last time I saw him, he looked Italian. Was it possible he works with the Russians?

I should've known. I heard footsteps behind me though I couldn't think straight not until I remembered the tattoes on the wrists of the two guys earlier. It was as 'Ace' sign, the same sign that was on Dante's neck.

There's only one thing I can do now, I have to wait. I'm at that point in life, I don't know what point I'm at, but I'm just at a point.

'''End of flashback

■■■
⛓️ASTRID ⛓️
Inspired by...Imaginator1D-