I Missed You

It was bad.

The date began with you both ordering food and immediately you felt bad when Henry starts complaining about work. You could feel shame swallow you. All you wanted to do was go out with him and enjoy a meal, but you almost feel like a burden for ordering when he's clearly stressed out.

Henry squabbled about a meeting he has with some business people, and then how he needs to rework the animatronics since one of them froze up mid-preformance and he isn't sure why.
You honestly wondered, personally, if it was because it came in contact with water since they can walk around the diner to greet the kids. It seems undeniably plausible. But you couldn't voice your opinion much as he kept venting to you.

In the past when you hung out, you didn't talk much. However you never believed he would've used your date as an excuse to baggage drop on you.
It drained you.

After finishing your actual food, you were left sipping your water while giving Henry a dead stare.

Your eyes tried to occupy themselves by looking at his flat hair, but it bored you. You tried staring into his sweet brown eyes but he wouldn't stop blinking. Why does he blink so much? It started to give you a headache.

When the waiter came around with the check, you perked up and grabbed the folder, pulling it towards you.

This is when Henry was silenced.

"Y/N, no. I asked you out tonight, I pay. " He stated, reaching for the check. You yank it back, feeling a bit of selfishness eat you. You stared him down, his deep brown eyes shattered with worry. He seemed nervous.

"Yeah, well, you seem pretty stressed out. Let me handle it and if you feel so insistent, we're still going to the movies. " You said dryly.
Henry sat back, a bit surprised almost. He must've not expected such a cold response from you.

"Did I do something? " He quickly asked as you slid cash into the check, setting it on the table and grabbing your things.
You ignored his question and got up, giving him a glance as to signal that you're leaving.
He followed.

Henry begged for an answer on the way to his car, opening your door and standing in its frame as you sat there, still whining for clues or anything as to what he did. You couldn't bring yourself to give this man a smile, you couldn't even speak.

Why did you waste your time coming here just to listen to him whine? You feel cheated out of your afternoon and you barely enjoyed the pasta you ordered.

You stared out the window, listening to the rain pitter patter on the roof of the SUV, it's hum buzzing with the storm.

It comforted you, but it also made you think of Springtrap. You kind of missed him right now... You could imagine what snarky comment he would say, or maybe complain about the fact he can't get out of the car now. You wouldn't be able to imagine him fitting inside the car in the first place, though.

You grinned softly thinking of him, it even cheered you up.

When you got to the movies, you and Henry both ran inside. You weren't mad anymore, just disappointed as you watch him pay.

As you both walked back down the very short hallway of movies in session, Henry began talking.

"So, are you at least excited for the movie, Y/N? " Henry asked softly, nervousness in his tone. You gave him a looking glance.

"Yeah, I dunno. " You muttered. "The popcorn is usually the best part of a movie. " He smiled, eyes glowing with joy.

"Oh, you told them no butter, do you usually not get any butter? "
He opened the door to the theatre you were invited to and you slithered in, nodding with a hum.
"That's good to know for the future. " Henry smiled. You looked over and couldn't help but frown. He frowned back, sighing under his breath.