• 2 • im in...love? •

kanades pov still

I turned to look beside me after I felt a presence and it was Miku.

"Hello Miku.." I say.

"Hello Kanade." She says.

I didn't really have much else to say to her. I had to find a melody for our new song.

"Is something on your mind.?" She asks me.

This question came out of nowhere, I didn't know how to respond to it. The truth was yes, but could Miku know what that weird feeling was?

"I'm just struggling to find a melody for our song, and there's also something at the back of my mind that's distracting me." I say. "Whenever I try to think of a melody idea it just drifts over to that."

"What is it that's distracting you.?" Miku asks.

"Something that happened today." I say. "Maybe I'll talk to Mizuki about it once she's finished with Rin's hair."

"They're finished with Rin's hair." She tells me. "I think she said that she's going to go back."

"Oh." I stand up. "I'll talk to them before she leaves.."

"Good luck with the melody Kanade." She says before I go over to Mizuki, who was getting ready to leave.

"Mizuki." I say.

"Yes K?" She responds with.

"I've been struggling to think of a melody for our new song." I say. "Whenever I try to my mind drifts off to something else."

"What does your mind drift off to? Maybe if you talk about it you'll stop thinking about it." She suggests.

I think about it for a bit. Maybe their idea would work.

"I think I may try that.. Could I possibly talk to you about it..?" I ask.

"Of course you can, so what's on your mind?" Mizuki asks me.

"Ms Mochizuki comes round to my home once a week.. She brought one of her friends this time, Hoshino. I asked her to brush my hair for me... While she did. I felt weird... There was a weird feeling in my stomach and my chest was awfully warm.." I say.

"No way." She says. "Is this the real Kanade I'm talking to?"

"I don't get what you mean.." I say, slightly mumbling.

"Well I may not know a lot but I definitely know that feeling like that means you're in love." They tell me.

"Love..?" I ask.

"Yes, I mean, that's what makes the most sense on how you were feeling." She says.

"Oh.." I say. "Thank you.."

"Come to me if you need anything else." They say before she leaves the sekai.

I leave the sekai after them and stare at my computer. How could I be in love. I've barely interacted with Hoshino. How do I find a new melody now..

(SHORT CHAPTER IM SORRY, NEXT CHAPTER WILL BE IN ICHIKAS POV)